Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14??
  Re: (...)
Almost forgot to do this!! What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm grilling chix thighs and veggies - later I have a small pkg. of Waldo's Smok'd meat to make a sandwich out of.

Going to prep up some ribs to finish off for dinner with our girl, Tracie - we'll be with her on Thursday!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14?? by cjs (Almost forgot to do ...)
I am going to go Vegetarian, sort of, tonight. I have a chopped kale salad that will get feta cheese, dried cranberries, some kind of toasted nuts, and a poppy seed dressing. I'll serve it with Millet Scallion Pancakes from this month's BA. A little healthy food for a change.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14?? by Harborwitch (I am going to go Veg...)
Sharon, did you see the salad ingred. Aleana made for Daphne & William??? Sounded real good combo.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14?? by cjs (Sharon, did you see ...)
Green chile and honey baked ham quiche with cheddar and gruyere, since that's what I have.
I saw that and it did sound good. I'm looking forward to dinner tonight. I've been wanting to try millet for a long long time and Winco carries it so I grabbed some yesterday. I'm really starting to like that store.

I have sunflower seeds and capers! More goodies for the salad!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Quote:

Sharon, did you see the salad ingred. Aleana made for Daphne & William??? Sounded real good combo.

No, what was it?

Dinner tonight is homemade beef vegetable soup and dinner rolls. A few l/o ribs for Ron.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Here you go, Maryann -
Daphne's Healthy Vegetable Salad

Daphne posted this 1/18/14
ANYWAY, who better to advise us on nutritional meals. William is VERY into salads these days. So tonight we had an HUGE "Anitra Inspired" salad made by Aleana!

Lots of veggies,
Craisins,
capers,
feta,
sunflower seeds,
tuna, and
light Ranch Dressing...

it was filling and delicious! We all agreed this would be a great weekly meal. Only thing I would change is our own homemade dressing, to be worked on soon, and I'd love to sub pine nuts for the sunflower seeds....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14?? by cjs (Here you go, Maryann...)
Grillin' a couple of pizzas tonight.
  Re: Re: Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14?? by losblanos1 (Grillin' a couple of...)
It was a really good salad!

Tonight is burgers, salad, and boiled potato for William and baked fries for the rest of us.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Ooops Tuesday's Dinner, 1/21/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (It was a really good...)
John's recovering from two infected ears and a sinus infection, but the shot of steroids he received this morning have improved his appetite.

We're doing a one pot pasta, chicken, broccoli, and asiago skillet dinner. Pretty much a variation on chicken alfredo. It's easy and delicious comfort food.