Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Travel day for us, so I'll use the l/o clam strips as a garnish for an alfredo.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're going to Carylann's company Christmas dinner at Boka in Seattle. It's a roaring 20's themed dinner that I'm less then enthused about.

http://www.bokaseattle.com/dinner-plates.aspx
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by losblanos1 (We're going to Caryl...)
The scallops sound good...... Have a good time, in spite of yourself!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by cjs (The scallops sound g...)
We're going out to dinner as well...first the Atlanta Boat Show, then dinner at Chops Lobster Bar. It should be a really fun afternoon and evening!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by karyn (We're going out to d...)
I hope you can enjoy it, Blane.

Karyn, that is an awesome menu! William and I would have a great time at the show AND the dinner! Our kind of day!

William volunteered to do a slow roasted pot roast with onions, potatoes, and carrots. Another night off for the cook! NICE!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I hope you can enjoy...)
Tonight it is the piccata. El Polo Loco for lunch. Enjoy your dinners out!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by Trixxee (Tonight it is the pi...)
I posted my Pasta Carbonara with clam strips on the wrong thread, but that's o.k., it still was good
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by cjs (I posted my Pasta Ca...)
Last night's party was a blast, we didn't order off of a menu, "heavy" appetizers were served.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I hope you can enjoy...)
Quote:

Karyn, that is an awesome menu! William and I would have a great time at the show AND the dinner! Our kind of day!

We had a great time, Daphne! Maybe you can join us next year...just sayin'. The nicest surprise of all is that our two boys conspired with the waiter about the bill. The waiter presented the bill to John, who had the usual 'whose turn is it' debate with the friends who joined us, and then took John's credit card ('cuz John won this time).

When he brought the bill back, he gave it to our boys, who had given him THEIR credit cards earlier so that we wouldn't pay! They said that we'd supported them and taken them out long enough, and now that they are both graduated, working, and doing well, it was their turn. It was the sweetest surprise ever!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/11/14?? by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
I still remember the first time one of our kids paid - surprised the hell out of us!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com