T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone??

I guess I'm startng out with Denise's concept of Freezer/Leftover Diving. I brought home 1/2 of a huge bacon burger from Wednesday's lunch and I'm going to make quesadillas out of it for brunch today.

I roasted the other half of Thanksgiving turkey breast yesterday morning, so we'll have a couple slices along with grilled corn, crookneck, zucc & potato. Found a great veggie market yesterday - cheap, wonderful produce!

I did bring most of these home from lunch yesterday, so thinking hard of what I want to morph them into..............
[Image: Jan9LittleneckClamStrips_zpscf43f5bb.jpg]

Alfredo comes to mind topped with crispy clams.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
The crispy alfredo idea sounds so good, Jean.

We are having salmon, broccoli, and risotto tonight, unless someone decides we're going out.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by Mare749 (The crispy alfredo i...)
Well, I have salad stuff. And I have chicken. And I have garlic toast. Maybe piccata? What I should do is order pizza delivery because Michael has a sh!tload (excuse my french) of end of semester projects for us to work on. Get this one - an illustrated children's book on photosynthesis incorporating 17 very confusing vocabulary words that an elementary school child would never understand and this 51 year old certainly doesn't understand them. Why is science so hard for me? And that's just one of the projects!

Well, this is what we signed up for when we opted to mainstream him instead of being in special ed classes. Lots of help at home.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by Mare749 (The crispy alfredo i...)
Wow, the quesadillas were great! Posted some pix on facebook, but can't figure out how to link them here. Oh well, they looked good and were tasty little morsels.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by cjs (Wow, the quesadillas...)
Not sure if you can actually post Facebook pictures directly in a forum message, but you could post the links to the pictures. Of course, that won't work for those of us who don't use Facebook if the pictures are marked as private.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by labradors (Not sure if you can ...)
Nothing in my life is marked 'private' Linking is what I was trying to do. Oh well, not important. Can't use IN Denise's new challenge anyway, 'cause the pkg. was marked.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by cjs (Nothing in my life i...)
Jean, I couldn't find your quesadilla pictures on FB.

Freezer dive success today! I found some Julia's brown stock and two beef filets, dinner's going to be steak Diane. I also found a couple of suspicious looking vacuum sealed packets that I'll use in Denise's challenge.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by losblanos1 (Jean, I couldn't fin...)
I am enjoying having a DD! I can now go out to the farm with William and his crew and watch him cook! Tonight, he did sausage links that we cut up into lengths for hot dog buns, a personal favorite with mustard! He also did pork chops.

But another favorite was a contribution from a guest. He does a LOT of jerky! His venison jerky is really good! But tonight he had something new! A while back the local grocery had a surplus of pork loins. He bought up all of them at a steal! He sliced one really thin and made jerky with one of them and it was VERY tasty!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (I am enjoying having...)
Wow, Daphne, everything sounds so good!!

Hmmm, wonder what happened to the Quesadilla.............
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/10/14?? by cjs (Wow, Daphne, everyth...)
We had the Asian Sloppy Joes last night. They were really good. I made a little cucumber salad to go with - or on. We just had the leftovers for lunch.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!