Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14??
  Re: (...)
(I'm doing pretty well - I have not written 2013 in error once since Jan. 1st. )

What's on the menu for everyone today?? Not sure here - I'm getting tired of leftovers, I'd love to grill or use the turkey fryer!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by cjs ((I'm doing pretty we...)
Already changed my mind.

Going to try this slow cooker Thai soup.

http://www.foodiecrush.com/2013/10/slow-...cken-soup/
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by Trixxee (Already changed my m...)
Tonight's dinner will be the last hooray! After the wedding, we will change and dine at the Cafe Élan .

As wonderful as the meals have been, I have not been able to enjoy all due to some severe nightly bouts of nausea. I had been chalking it up to stress and rich food. Last night was the worst, so I decided to look into the antibiotic I've been taking. BINGO! UGH! Hopefully, I will have it out of my system by dinner. I usually have been able to enjoy the late brunch yesterday and evening meals better than breakfast and early brunch.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Tonight's dinner wil...)
Get thru this day and maybe things will settle down in more ways than one, Daphne. Will the kids continue 'visiting' in the cabin by your house after all this??

(or am I mixing up kids?????????? )

-----

Of course, this is what I would order -
Local Selec­tion of Char­cu­terie & Fro­mage (for 2)
House Made Pick­led Veg­eta­bles and Assorted Jams

and this
Fried Cala­mari Lemon Saf­fron Aioli, Spiced Mari­nara

Have a good time and relax, that might help.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by cjs (Get thru this day an...)
That soup looks really good Trixxee. Daphne, I hope you're feeling better.

Tonight's dinner is Steak au Poivre Salad.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by losblanos1 (That soup looks real...)
Daphne, I hope you're feeling better. With all that you've had going on nausea had to be really inconvenient, to say the least!

I was watching the Cooking Channel this weekend and feeling grumpy about winter. One recipe, called Orecchette della Nonna sounded really good, so I made it (and have TONS of leftovers). It is really delicious. However, I'm glad I made it ahead, because it gave me the opportunity to get rid of a lot of fat that may have improved the flavor, but not enough for me to enjoy it!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by karyn (Daphne, I hope you'r...)
Daphne I hope you feel better soon. Some antibiotics can really make you sick if you take them while eating certain foods.

Karyn that sounds really good. I might just have to make that, but no salt pork tonight.

I was going to make the Asian Sloppy Joes but forgot the celery, cilantro, and the cucumber I wanted for the salad. Shoot! Back to the drawing board.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by Harborwitch (Daphne I hope you fe...)
Had leftover soup from last night and it was even a little better tonight since I hadn't removed the ginger slices from it when I stored it in the fridge and more of that flavour had steeped into it.

If all goes well, tomorrow should be the Asian Sloppy Joes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by labradors (Had leftover soup fr...)
Jean, the table shared those very same appetizers! That was the best part of the meal. Three at the table got the Fettuccine dish with jumbo shrimp. The shrimp were half raw. The chef sent out three new dishes and two were still partly raw. Shrimp that large should have been butterflied to be able to cook evenly. Anyway, we were not charged for those two plates for the shrimp. The chef was not happy. Oh well. We all agreed we would have been much better off if we had gone back to Canoe for dinner. We would have had a much better meal and spent the same amount if not less.

But good news is, the kids are married! They had a memorable trip and beautiful wedding. I'll post pictures when we get back. You may even catch a few on Facebook that I am tagged in before then. Best part! We get to go home tomorrow! Granted, the frigid temperatures are not going to make loading up and unloading very easy! The kids will follow us back and will begin unpacking. Glad it's them and not me!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 1/6/14?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, the table shar...)
Congratulations to Andrew and Aleana! Glad it all went well except for you being sick. That really puts a crimp in your fun. Are they going to be staying by you now?

Dinner tonight was "tapas" cause I needed to clear out the fridge.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."