Saturday Brunch/Lunch
  Re: (...)
Thank you Secret Santa! Jane has prepared fine grits all her life, but the Bear Branch stone ground cooked according to their recipe is as fine as any we have ever had. The next time we do shrimp and grits these are the grits we will use! This morning we had them with fresh ground black pepper, Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage with cracked red pepper and red wine (Gabbiano). Great brunch! Now a little nap.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by Old Bay (Thank you Secret Sa...)
Oh, why are we not in Navasota?????????????????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by cjs (Oh, why are we not i...)
Wish you were! You were supposed to get your SS yesterday according to USPS?
  Re: Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by Old Bay (Wish you were! You ...)
Silly me, I forgot I sent it to a third party!
  Re: Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by Old Bay (Silly me, I forgot I...)
Isn't this the SH*****TS????????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by cjs (Isn't this the SH***...)
I love me some good grits! I'll have to check those out. Another dish I want after a few weeks of good eating....Shrimp and Grits!

I will have to give William credit. Two dinners out of three, he has had a Cobb Salad of sorts. Tonight, he caved and splurged on the enormous Reuben he watched Andrew eat our first night, but he did eat a big salad first and left his fries on his plate.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by Gourmet_Mom (I love me some good ...)
Good for William - it's so hard to change eating habits!!! And, life would be pretty darn blah, if we didn't splurge once in a while......like this......(I was gong to post in Saturday's Dinner thread, but looks like it needs to be with another splurge!)

Why we should eat dessert first (in addition to life being short)

[Image: Jan4DessertatLosGringosLocosAJ_zps07542547.jpg]

Caramel Apple Choco-Chimi – Warm cinnamon apple rolled in a crispy fried chocolate tortilla topped with caramel sauce, cinnamon & sugar and served with vanilla ice cream & whipped cream. The waitress came out laughing saying the chef got carried away making it – he doesn’t usually make it this big or pretty!!

----
I'm so glad I wanted leftovers of my tostado and Roy's enchilada for breakfast!! Wow was this good!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by cjs (Good for William - i...)
WOW! That sure looks decadent!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday Brunch/Lunch by Gourmet_Mom (WOW! That sure look...)
ANd, who says blue plates can't compliment fod??????????
www.achefsjourney.com