Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I went thru my 2012-13 journal and made notes of all the places around this area we wanted to go to and those we did go to (shop/eat/see) - now, I have one whole page of things to do in the next 7 days while we wait for truck parts and fixing....

Sigh, we'll have to eat out a lot to revisit some of our favorites!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Maryann's Birthday Burritos! My sister is also making them tonight for the first time.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by Trixxee (Maryann's Birthday B...)
Oh, I really have to make those again. They really were good, Trixxee.

Been a little busy so not keeping up here. Jean, what happened?

Dinner tonight will be beef barley soup (it's actually ground venison) and some good bread.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by Mare749 (Oh, I really have to...)
Woke up to 8" of snow yesterday. Woke up to 4 degrees temp this morning. Managed to get the shopping done yesterday even though Wegmans had been decimated from double crowds Thursday night.

It's Breakfast For Dinner tonight!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by BarbaraS (Woke up to 8" of sno...)
Thank heaven's the truck parts needed don't affect our driving around the area, Roy just doesn't want to get out on the road with the problems..... nothing major.

Breakfast for dinner can't be beat on a snowy day!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by cjs (Thank heaven's the t...)
Those burritos are so good!
I've been looking forward to tonight's dinner all week. Carylann is making the pork posole from the new issue.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by losblanos1 (Those burritos are s...)
Mac and cheese with tossed salad here.

***WARNING! Stop reading here if you don't want to hear me whine!!***

It's too cold for anything but comfort food. We're supposed to have a low of 9 degrees this week and this just doesn't work for me. It's been to cold and/or rainy to take the Harley out for the past month, and we usually love riding in the winter. Seriously, this is supposed to be HOTlanta!!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by karyn (Mac and cheese with ...)
I am grilling/roasting a 32 oz 28 day dry aged rib eye steak . This is the first day I have been able to eat a steak in weeks. Root canals, preparations for crowns, etc---this an interlude-- finish in January. Then check the eyes! Hell to get old! Life is still good livin with a wonderful girl! Steaks and wine still taste good. Really nothing to complain about!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by Old Bay (I am grilling/roasti...)
OH that steak sounds good Bill. Bob and I dry aged a big one like that for a week - lack of fridge space or we'd have gone longer. Wow what a difference it made.

We have a huge hunk of piggy in the smoker. I'm going to get off here and make a small batch of mac & cheese to go with - and a veg of some kind - not sure yet. I have a couple of the rye rolls left.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 1/4/14?? by Harborwitch (OH that steak sounds...)
Karyn, this weather is killing me! LOL! Possible snow Monday morning, highs in the teens and lows 7!!!!!!! HOLY COW it's cold down here!

Today we took advantage of a late brunch which is huge here. Then we decided to take a tour of the winery. Karyn, take note....they have a new Wine Master from Italy. Is that the right term? Anyway, he has made a lot of changes at the winery. The tasting was very good, and I picked up quite a bit of info! Most of the wines were very good and potions were much larger than expected. You also got to keep your wine glass. So now the kids have a set of 6 souvenir glasses! Ten dollars per person well spent!

I mentioned dinner in the brunch thread. We have really enjoyed one of the restaurants on the property....Paddy's Pub. William had the Reuben and I enjoyed the Loaded Baked Potato soup!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.