T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're going to eat out of an old book I have for a week or so and get back to some healthier eating. 7-Day Menu Planner for Dummies. It's a great little book with some very good ideas. Today, it will be Rockin' Rainbow Pasta and I have sourdough working.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Pot roast, salad, warm bread. The temperature has done a nosedive, we are under a wind advisory. The wind is so strong, I can hear it howling thru the windows (and feel it). But, it is a 110 year old house with the original single pane windows.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Quote:

We're going to eat out of an old book...

Wouldn't a plate or bowl be neater and tastier?
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by labradors ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Tonight is our annual Outback Steakhouse/bowling night with my sister's family and my mom. My dad gives my sister and I a $100 Outback gift card each and we always spend that money together and treat my mom.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by Trixxee (Tonight is our annua...)
go find your room, Labs.

Haven't been to an Outback for so long - Tracie's (daughter) favorite place to 'be taken'
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by cjs (go find your room, L...)
I used to not be so much a fan but in the last couple of years it has grown on me. I think the food is pretty good, always dependable. And they have a nice kids menu for my nephews.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by Trixxee (I used to not be so ...)
This morning when we got up it was 5 below, so Bruce decided chili was the order for tonite. Ran home, threw it together and had to get back to the course to show the rooms for a rehearsal dinner and another wedding. So want these people to book!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by iBcookin (This morning when we...)
Have fun Trixxee. We went to the Outback here in Everett a few years ago, it was just ok, and what a coincidence because....

Tonight I'm cooking my copy-cat version of The Outback Steakhouse Filets with brandy mushroom sauce, only mine will be delicious and served in less than an hour (and hot).
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by losblanos1 (Have fun Trixxee. We...)
Ha - funny Blane! I have probably been there at least 50 times over the 15 years and always had good service and hot food.

They coconut shrimp with orange marmalade is really good. We'll all have to split a couple of orders of that. And if it's not hot, I'll raise hell. LOL. Their burgers are also awesome.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 1/3/14?? by Trixxee (Ha - funny Blane! I...)
We are doing the flounder piccata , using grouper, with lemon and spinach orzo from the issue 103 members edition. Looks good. We are taking one for the team!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".