OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation...
  Re: (...)
We rented this house in AZ for our family vacation. These are the photos we rented from.

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/371881

However, when we go there, this was what we found... Please be completely honest. I need this right now.

But here are the actual pics.

[Image: 20131223_163658.jpg]

[Image: 20131223_163646.jpg]

[Image: 20131223_163549.jpg]
This pic was actually grosser that pictured. I could not make or clean any food in this sink.

[Image: 20131223_163540.jpg]

[Image: 20131223_163443.jpg]
King size bed on palates on the floor! Not pictured in the listing. and seriously! we do not want to crawl on the floor in and out of the bed...

[Image: 20131223_163348.jpg]

[Image: 20131223_163327.jpg]

[Image: 20131223_163312.jpg]
Light over the 'kitchen'
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by luvnit (We rented this house...)
We stayed about 1 hour, until we could find an other place. Maggie was crying, it was horrible. Now this guy won't give us a refund!

Are we crazy?!
Laura
  Re: Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by luvnit (We stayed about 1 ho...)
This is what he said...

Hello Laura,

I was able to review your request and email. I disagree with each and every one of your statements. You need to understand that my house is literally my home, it is not a resort.

Additionally, the pictures that you claim are "deceitful" are actually pictures taken by Airbnb photographer. Check the watermark.

Airbnb is not for everyone. It is for people looking for a good deal renting someone's home. That doesn't mean the home is renovated to replicate a hotel which you would pay more than double for. You know my house is a good deal for $75 a night or else you wouldn't have rented it.

I am declining your request as on November f27th you were advised by Airbnb staff that if you canceled you would be held to the cancellation policy. That is still the case.

Regards,

Eric Diaz

Report this message privately
Laura
  Re: Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by luvnit (We stayed about 1 ho...)
Yuck. I would have found another place, too. I'm sorry your vacation got off to a bad start. I don't think you're crazy at all. Was the next place better?

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by pjcooks (Yuck. I would have ...)
Yes,the next place was WAY better! Wish I had pics.
Laura
  Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by luvnit (We rented this house...)
Good grief Laura! I am so sorry. I'd say Eric is full of cr@p, the ARnb (or whatever the group is) either falsified photos or Eric moved the nice furniture out.

You can see the dry rot on the patio overhang - and it's obvious there's some deferred maintenance. Did you read any of the reviews? I'd be steaming mad . . . .

Now from the standpoint of the "industry" most every place requires a deposit equal to a portion of the first night's fees if the reservation is cancelled "X" number of days (here it's 72 hours) prior. I don't know how many days you rented it for . . . but $75 a night is dirt cheap for most motel rooms with a kitchenette and a pool.

I'd follow up with this - did you call him right away? Did he meet you at the house? This was a complete misrepresentation of his house - and obviously high expectations (after all the pictures were nice) - I'd post a review and offer to send photos to anyone who wanted them. That might get him off his arse. Probably a legal reason not to do that - but I can't imagine what it would be. I'm so sorry - I hope the rest of your vacation was better.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by Harborwitch (Good grief Laura! I...)
Surprisingly, Airbnb has an "A" rating with the BBB, but that's only because the BBB says that complaints were resolved - not because of a lack of complaints. In fact, the types of complaints reported are similar to yours. As for numbers: 124 complaints over the last three years, 73 or which were in the last 12 months.

Perhaps you should report your problem to them, as well. Maybe something would get done.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by labradors (Surprisingly, Airbnb...)
Laura, that is just terrible! I hope it didn't totally ruin your vacation!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by luvnit (Yes,the next place w...)
Laura, I cannot tell you how much I hate your experience. Jane & I would have hated it too. I cannot say I do not regret not sharing the misery. May the ba$t@r d who responded to your request be infested by the fleas of a thousand camels in his crotch.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: OMG - OT but we rented a house for vacation... by Old Bay (Laura, I cannot tell...)
How disappointing. I'm with Labs, lodge a complaint with AirB&b, BBB, and post it on Trip Advisor and Yelp. If any of them have a Facebook page, post it on there also.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.