Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall
  Re: (...)
The phone rang at 9am this morning. I was sure it was family phoning to wish us a Happy New Year. Nope, it's a bride looking for a quote. She was adamant about talking to the chef, sorry Ma'am, he's not here (he's in bed !!). Being the nice person I am, I take down all the information. The caterer she had been dealing with, and gave her a menu within her budget, is no longer returning her calls (I sense a problem here). She tells me her max budget and what she wants (carved in stone). Two passed apps, beef carving station, chicken Piccata, two starch, two veg, bread/butter, full coffee/tea service, sweet tea, lemonade,bar tender, real linens and china (no disposables for her wedding!). Oh, and a Dessert Tapas Bar. After I get off the phone (after telling her Chef will NOT be returning your call within an hour, it will be tomorrow)I did the math. After the basic costs, taxes, admin fee, rentals etc, she has $2.46 per person for the meal. If I take off the cost of the Carving Staion and the Dessert Bar, she's in the negative. I think we'll be passing on this one.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall by Lorraine (The phone rang at 9a...)
Wonder if she tried to do the same thing for the dresses for her and her bridesmaids.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall by labradors (Wonder if she tried ...)
That's a great story, Lorraine. Good luck getting rid of that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall by Mare749 (That's a great story...)
oh my...isn't she lucky the CHEF was not available???????????????
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wow! The nerve! You couldn't even pass beanie wienies, potato chips & ranch, carve meatloaf with instant mashed & canned green beans for that. LOL . . . and just what did she want the bartender to do? Pop beer cans open?
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall by Harborwitch (Wow! The nerve! Yo...)
Oh good grief! What is up with that!?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall by luvnit (Oh good grief! What ...)
Too crazy! Good luck to her! LOL!

Not quite as crazy, but similar. We are packing and loading the car this afternoon....we have our wedding clothes AND the bride and groom's! I get a text message from a parent that she just found her daughter's progress report that went out December 17th. She was upset with the grade (that lists each assignment and grade) and that her daughter can't explain (what's to explain?), and could I explain.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Amazing the gall. I think you should be very helpful and since you won't be able to accommodate her, give the number of your biggest competitor.
  Re: Re: Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall by Cubangirl (Amazing the gall. I ...)
Good one, Alina!!! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Waaay OT, Funny Phonecall by Gourmet_Mom (Too crazy! Good luc...)
Quote:

Too crazy! Good luck to her! LOL!

I get a text message from a parent that she just found her daughter's progress report that went out December 17th. She was upset with the grade (that lists each assignment and grade) and that her daughter can't explain (what's to explain?), and could I explain.

It is crazy, Daphne. When one of my boys was just starting out, he was a paraprofessional in the school. Special needs-he had parents texting him at 2AM. I hope this doesn't spoil your fantastic trip! Enjoy!!

PJ
PJ