Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on everyone's menu for today??

I have turkey wings thawing out that I may put in the turkey fryer, but I also have the leftover 'goodies' from the antipasto salad for pizza.

And, darn Labs - he's got me wanting to make some appies just for fun!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by cjs (What's on everyone's...)
I'm baking cookies today, so dinner will be quick and easy. Probably some frozen raviolis with marinara and a salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by Mare749 (I'm baking cookies t...)
Pizza here. I forgot to pull the dough out of the freezer to thaw last night, so it's thawing on the kitchen counter. I hope that works! I'm not sure what toppings yet.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by karyn (Pizza here. I forgot...)
Definitely something with chicken. I was thinking Chicken Diane but realize we don't have any brandy so I'll copy Blane's dinner from the other night- chicken with almond butter sauce. We are really low on vegetables so it might be another round of roasted carrots and red potatoes.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by Trixxee (Definitely something...)
Tonight is going to be the crab feast. Fresh cracked Dungennese Crab, garlic butter, sourdough bread, and perhaps a cucumber salad. A nice white wine is waiting to be chosen to go with this festive feast.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by Harborwitch (Tonight is going to ...)
Trout with Denise last night; crab with Sharon tonight.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by cjs (Trout with Denise la...)
Went to Sam's today to stock up on a few things. I ended up getting some frozen Raybern's Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. I have heard they were phenomenal. I hope they are.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by luvnit (Went to Sam's today ...)
Schlemmertopf pesto chicken. I love the clay cooker more than my crock pot

[Image: chicken_155.jpg]

I won't be doing the whole chicken. Just the breasts. Then I'll use the legs and thighs in a different recipe tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by DFen911 (Schlemmertopf pesto ...)
I'm jealous of of your roaster, Denise! That is going on my endless wish list. Been wanting wanting one for a long time.

Dinner tonight is Olive Garden Zuppa. I got in a cooking mood, so will save the raviolis for another night when we meed something quick.

Karyn, congratulations to your son! I meant to post that yesterday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/19/13?? by Mare749 (I'm jealous of of yo...)
Yes, Karyn!! Me too, Maryann. Congratulations and what a free feeling to not have the school expenses any longer!!

Played with the turkey fryer again today - just love that thing!

First of all cooked turkey wings in turkey fryer, seasoned with salt, white pepper, gran. garlic, & smoked paprika) for 1 hour and the skin was so crispy we could hardly stay out of it.

Made semi-quasi Taco salads with turkey mixed with l/o barley risotto (weird, I know but it was tasyty ), lettuce gr. onions tomatoes, jalapenos, Jack cheese and chunky salsa. So tasty.

[Image: Dec19TurkeyFryerWings_zps6efd0cf0.jpg]

[Image: Dec19TurkeyTacos_zps7e007038.jpg]

Have any of you seen this new (to me anyway) soft taco shell??
http://www.oldelpaso.com/products/Stand-...5770CD6BDA
www.achefsjourney.com