Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

This is the last one-night-stand for a while. Tomorrow we hit a 5-day stay in Queen Valley, AZ and we'll be in that area until after New Years!!

We have lot of leftovers from a great Mexican lunch we had yesterday - the 'cantina' is connected to the motel/park we're staying so we ran over there for a quick meal. Wonderful flavors!!! Those will be dinner today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Not sure here....but only one more night at the hospital! YAY!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Not sure here....but...)
He went freezer diving yesterday and found a standing rib roast. I have small red potatoes, so maybe his Sparkle Potatoes, and I have lots of root veg I can roast.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by Lorraine (He went freezer divi...)
That's great news Daphne.

I found some fresh pappardelle at Safeway yesterday, so tonight I'm making chicken pappardelle with sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by losblanos1 (That's great news Da...)
Well, last night I made the Rabbit with Mustard Gravy and it was a huge hit! We just loved it.

Tonight, not sure yet. I am dying to have a Rib Roast like Lorraine!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by luvnit (Well, last night I m...)
Good news Daphne! Blane, is that the recipe with a broccolini salad in the picture?

We are having a big baby greens salad topped with sliced grilled chicken, bleu cheese crumbles and more frizzled prosciutto.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by Trixxee (Good news Daphne! B...)
Yes it is. I think that I'll make the salad using asparagus.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by losblanos1 (Yes it is. I think t...)
Swiss steak for us with mashed potatoes and whatever veggie I pick up at the store
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by DFen911 (Swiss steak for us w...)
I am thinking fish & chips . . . it sounds really good to me. A little slaw maybe. Malt vinegar & tartar.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/15/13?? by Harborwitch (I am thinking fish &...)
I couldn't find any tortillas at the truck stop, but did pick up some chips so we'll have nachos with the leftovers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com