Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I saved back 1/2 the Alfredo yesterday, so just have to stick it in the oven when we get settled in Fort Stockton.

Laura, Joe was on my mind so much yesterday, I dreamed your family came up to our barn (where we used to live) and he sat me down to tell me all about his menu project; Chef Notta brought 2 girlfriends with her; Brad stayed in bed the entire time....crazy, crazy dreams.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I took out some small lamb chops, hopefully can grill
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by DFen911 (I took out some smal...)
Grilled steak (not sure what cut as Tony is picking them up), baby greens salad with bleu cheese crumbles and frizzled prosciutto, and garlic toast. It's our 15th wedding anniversary.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by Trixxee (Grilled steak (not s...)
Happy anniversary Trixxee and Tony! Wishing you many more!

Katie is with me today as she had to take a sick day. So, made chicken orzo soup earlier today and making stuffed steak with mushroom gravy and green beans for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by Mare749 (Happy anniversary Tr...)
Happy Anniversary to you and Tony, Trixxee!! And, thanks for the reminder of prosciutto - I'm going to add some to my salad tonight also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by cjs (Happy Anniversary to...)
Thanks you guys for the happy anniversary wishes! And thank you Jean for the reminder of the reminder of the proscuitto. It already vanished from my mind - hard to believe, huh? (Though it may have popped back in when I unload the groceries Tony brings home). LOL.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by Trixxee (Thanks you guys for ...)
Too funny about the prosciutto! LOL! Happy Anniversary, you two!

Not our anniversary here, but we are having steak night as well! It's the first night we have been alone since last week this time! YAY! Don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but we have gotten too used to our quiet time together. We have become spoiled! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Too funny about the ...)
Happy Anniversary Trixxee!!

We're having Soups and Sammies.

Hubby goes, "I thought this was an easy-peezy dinner?".

Me: "Well, there's always the prep time.".

'Nouf said.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by BarbaraS (Happy Anniversary Tr...)
Happy anniversary, Trixxee and Tony! I hope it's been a wonderful day.

I had an appointment, so we ate leftovers....whatever was scrounge-able from the fridge. Fortunately, the leftover supply was pretty good...
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 12/12/13?? by karyn (Happy anniversary, T...)
Daphne, that's why we love the trailer for going to visit family. We can bow out to our little nest whenever we've had too much commotion. Funny, how quickly we become used to being a couple after having so much family around for so many years.
www.achefsjourney.com