Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

Travel day for us, so will probably pick at the fridge. Maybe buy Roy a sandwich on the road, who knows.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We're having turkey mole enchiladas (from the freezer) and a jicama, radish and pickled shallot salad.

Safe travels, Jean and Roy!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by karyn (We're having turkey ...)
I like your dinner Karyn We are working on the fridge and freezer this week. Kinda boring, I know.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by luvnit (I like your dinner K...)
Well,,If I can get my hands on a fresh duck than it is a roasted duck if not than leftovers and will have to wait till the duck defrosts.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by piano226 (Well,,If I can get m...)
Monday night leftovers here - Norwegian meatballs in brown gravy, mashed potatoes and corn.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by Trixxee (Monday night leftove...)
I'm going to Trixxee's!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by cjs (I'm going to Trixxee...)
Well it's been so cold for so many days the well house froze again, and it's insulated. It's been single digits at night an the heat lamp can't keep up even running 24/7. We now believe one of the buried pipes is frozen, and hoping it doesn't rupture.

So no water for us. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say we'll be going to get take out.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by DFen911 (Well it's been so co...)
That is such a bummer, Denise.

Jean -- I think Tony made 35 meatballs so there is plenty.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by Trixxee (That is such a bumme...)
Well, we had an abbreviated travel day - the engine light came on in the truck and luckily for us the next off ramp took us to an RV park. They kindly let us park the trailer while we took the truck to a wonderful mechanic who took it right in, fixed the problem and sent us on our way.

I love folks connected with travel, they are all so helpful - at least that's been our experience. We decided to spend the night here on the outskirts of Tuscon and head out early morning.

The mechanic recommended a Mexican (dive) with wonderful food so off we went! WOW!

[Image: Dec9TucsonPapoLocos_zps691fa4f5.jpg]

Such great burritos and now we have the other half for dinner later!!

Ordered a churro for dessert and was surprised to find it filled with a vanilla custard and it was great! Sharon, have you ever had a filled one? I've made them but have never filled. Now, I'm on a mission - they are a commercial product so the cook didn't know how they were filled.

I'm guessing they are partially cooked enough to stand up to fillng, then frozen???? Does that make sense? Otherwise how could you fill the churro dough/batter??????????????????????

More than anyone ever wanted to know about a Tuscon churro, I'm sure..
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/9/13?? by cjs (Well, we had an abbr...)
I think your idea would be the only way possible, Jean.

To show that they are not planning on us providing meals for them, the kids are making us spaghetti.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.