Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Wanted so badly to go to the Lutefisk dinner, but with all the leftovers from playing with the new turkey fryer, we just need to stay here and make use of them! Hard job, that!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I am doing another pork roast today with my turkey fryer...addictions are a hard thing to break. I am also trying to make ribs in it. We shall see.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by piano226 (I am doing another p...)
anxious to do ribs, too!! (Marina, you know we're going to bore the hell out of people with this.... )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by cjs (anxious to do ribs, ...)
Tonight will be the goat cheese & basil stuffed chicken and a baby greens salad. Last night we wound up going out for sushi. I'm paying for the sodium intake today. Will have just a very plain grilled chicken sandwich for lunch.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by Trixxee (Tonight will be the ...)
The goat cheese chicken sounds good!

We have some catfish left from a gift from a friend, so fried catfish and clam chowder with a side of slaw or salad to round out the meal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (The goat cheese chic...)
Ron is due back this afternoon. We're going to a friend's birthday party tonight, so I'm thinking party food.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by Mare749 (Ron is due back this...)
Catfish...............

How did Ron do, Maryann??? Will the freezer be stocked for the winter??
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by cjs (Catfish................)
No, not unless he got one this morning. It's ironic that we see more deer in our own backyard than what they see when they go hunting. Think they need a new area to go to, but they seem to like to go where they know the lay of the land.

ETA: Update---He did get one this morning. We'll be eating a lot of venison this winter.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by Mare749 (No, not unless he go...)
It's too cold to grill, so tonight it's Rosemary chicken with grapes, bleu cheese and asparagus.
It feels great to be home.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 12/7/13?? by losblanos1 (It's too cold to gri...)
Welcome home Blane!

Well done, Ron! Maryann, tell Ron he needs to come down here next fall! The limit is is 4 bucks and 2 does, and William hit his limit on Halloween! LOL!

I forgot how much food my children consumed! William got a pot roast to cook slowly with lots of onions and other veggies this afternoon to have on hand for the hungry ones. The smell was so good, I've decided to put the catfish on hold for tomorrow. I'll try to get pics, Jean! You can lick the screen! LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.