T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

My cousin and husband coming for dinner and so I can try out the new turkey fryer!

Can't make up my mind between pork roast or a chicken (darn, Marina has been so happy with everything she's made!!)
Butternut Sq. Wedges
Warm Corn Chowder Salad
Denise's Quick Pickles
18 Hour bread
Uncle Bob's Berry Pudding

And, I saw in the paper today there is a local Lutefisk dinner tomorrow at the Sons of Norway in Mesa - so we're going!! With the promise that Roy doesn't have to eat Lutefisk!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
How exciting! You got the 'oil-less' fryer, right? Or did you get something different?

We are having leftover lasagna from last night.

I made two of them. One for last night and one to freeze and pop into the oven when we get to Arizona
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by luvnit (How exciting! You go...)
Are you counting the days the way I am, Laura??????

Yes, I bought the Char-broil Oil-less Turkey Fryer. (the one Marina talked about in the Thanksgiving thread) It's with us so we can all play with it at New Years.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by cjs (Are you counting the...)
Balsamic pork tenderloin in the crockpot, will add some rice and green beans I think.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by DFen911 (Balsamic pork tender...)
Yes, Jean! We are all counting the days... Time is flying though. My head is reeling from planning in my mind all the time
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by luvnit (Yes, Jean! We are al...)
Our flight leaves at 4:00pm, so we'll eat on the plane. I hope they have the angus burgers that they serve on flights from Mexico, they're pretty tasty. Our plan was to have fish tacos for lunch at Fiesta Americana, but this morning is flying by and we have to finish packing. We are NOT looking forward to the freezing weather.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by losblanos1 (Our flight leaves at...)
Welcome back to the real world, Blane, etal!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by cjs (Are you counting the...)
We are thinking about one of those too. This month's discretionary money went to headlight assemblies for the van - we now call it "bright eyes"!

Today I work so Bob will be in charge of cooking a half a chicken - might be too cold to grill it so oven roasted works. We'll have stuffing waffles and maybe green beans. Of course chicken gravy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by Harborwitch (We are thinking abou...)
Several possibilities: ground beef tacos, chicken stuffed with basil and goat cheese, or take out.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 12/6/13?? by Trixxee (Several possibilitie...)
I vote for chicken w/basil & goat cheese! Sounds good.
www.achefsjourney.com