What's on Your 2013 Christmas List?????
  Re: (...)
Shall we start a thread about our wants/needs/desires????????????

Just saw this one and it is one of those "I sure don't need, but..." - (and, I'm trying to downsize )

Camembert Roaster

Also, on my newly started list is Treme's Cookbook!! Lorraine turned me on to this series (which ends this season, darn) and we just love it. Thanks Lorraine - just wish you'd done it sooner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by cjs (Shall we start a thr...)
Here's something to add to your list, Jean, Season 1 !!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1...n+1%2Caps%2C663
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by Lorraine (Here's something to ...)
Thanks Lorraine - we are thinking about buying them and keeping the trailer for on the road.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by cjs (Shall we start a thr...)
For the first time I can recall, I had a hard time coming up with a Christmas list. To take advantage of time limited sale prices we got stuff in November. So we updated the Vitamix and the Food Saver.

I always have several cookbooks on my list, but I am so far behind my reading, I dare not ask for any. I have not opened Jerusalem and I am waiting till my sous vide arrives after the first of the year to start on Modernist Cuisine.

I thought I'd ask for some special ingredients such as leaf lard and more truffle butter (can't get it here), but not sure when I'll be able to really cook after the knee surgery. I could not resist getting more chanterelles at Costco yesterday though. I'll cook them before I go to Boston and freeze them.

But I finally had an epiphany at Costco today when I saw the Soda Stream on sale. So far that is the only item on the list. I have a horrible Pepsi One habit. I am hoping I'll hate the soda stream colas and will switch myself to homemade syrups and fruit juices.

I am looking forward to other folk's list so maybe I'll get some ideas.
  Re: Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by Cubangirl (For the first time I...)
Nothing food or cooking related. A new Bulova watch and a Nikon Coolpix camera. After everything I've been through in the last 3 months I wanted something good.
  Re: Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by Trixxee (Nothing food or cook...)
Trixxee, I'm surprised you aren't asking for a great vacation to use that new camera! (I did that a few years ago after a long recovery and it worked! )

So far I just don't have anything on my Christmas wish list, except for maybe that turkey cooker that Jean just got. It's awfully tempting but I would have to clear out some older stuff to make room for storing it. Other than that, I just don't know. Guess my family will have to surprise me this year...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by Mare749 (Trixxee, I'm surpris...)
I started a list for the kids. It's small stuff I thought they could afford. Mom already got me some cast iron Dutch oven stuff, along with some cool platters and other serving pieces during a HUGE sale at her favorite department store a while back. This is what I've listed so far.

Bottle Toppers for wine
Kitchen aide pizza cutter or Pizza Craft cutter and scraper at Target
Metal pizza peel
Giada de Laurentis 10.5" tri-ply skillet from Target
Lemon squeezer
Truffle butter
Truffle oil
Truffle salt

But that turkey cooker sounds really nice! I'm just not sure I would use it enough to justify buying it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by Gourmet_Mom (I started a list for...)
Marina and I will probably wear ours out, we're cooking so many different things in it!! She did ribs yesterday.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by cjs (Marina and I will pr...)
I think for the first time ever, I have no list. But, this thread made me think of a Ron Popiel (remember him???) pasta maker. My brother has one that he has been using for over 25 years. By the time your pot of water comes to the boil, the pasta is ready.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: What's on Your 2013 Christmas List????? by Lorraine (I think for the firs...)
Hmmm, no, got to go search.....
www.achefsjourney.com