Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for eveyone today??

Subbed salmon and the last of the clam stuffed b. potatoes for the lamb chops and gnocchi dish I had plannned. So, it's grilling today. And, more apple dumplin's for dessert.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
For the next 3 weeks we are eating out of the fridge and freezer. I want to have this stuff cleaned out!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by luvnit (For the next 3 weeks...)
I'm going to have to do that when we get back to P.A., that's for sure.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by cjs (I'm going to have to...)
Teriyaki thighs in the crock pot. Steamed rice and steamed carrots as sides. We've got carrots coming out of our ears right now.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by Trixxee (Teriyaki thighs in t...)
We're having ribs with the leftover pasta salad from last night on the side....trying to be good about using up food instead of letting it pile up.

Speaking of leftovers, I'll freeze the collards tonight to pull out for New Year's dinner, butter beans will go in my pot pie tomorrow night with the last of the turkey, and I'll cook up my carcuss tonight for soup on a cold night in the near future. I think that should do it with Thanksgiving leftovers!

Forgot about the dressing! I'm going to see how that does frozen. I'll get a chicken in a few days or weeks and make pastry with the dressing on the side. That's when I'll try the waffles. My leftovers are raw, so that won't work for the waffles yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having ribs wi...)
it is salad festival time for us….until holiday season and a trip down to beach land we need to keep bodies from expanding…we are staying lean with carbs till christmas! I am making vietnamese salmon salad and perhaps some wine…let the rationalization of the holidays begin!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having ribs wi...)
I wasn't going to cook this week, but that turkey broth I made the other night just smelled so good. So, today I made turkey soup with tortellini and some mixed veggies. Delish!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by Mare749 (I wasn't going to co...)
We took a page out of Jean's book . . . stopped in town for an early lunch at Calico's Cafe in Garberville. This is a truly "hippie heaven" kind of place. They make their own pasta for use in their kitchen and for sale (funny, they buy bread), they have lots of lovely salads, a huge menu of burgers, sandwiches, and entrees. We opted for a bowl of minestrone and a half sandwich each (pastrami) with a glass of Barefoot Merlot. Very good, I'm stuffed and Bob is now cleaning up the last of last night's ham & bean soup.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 12/2/13?? by Harborwitch (We took a page out o...)
Finally had my turkey soup last night - I just love it. But, no room in freezer, so I'll have some for breakfast and then have to discard the rest. Gettin' a little old.....
www.achefsjourney.com