Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13??
  Re: (...)
Wow, it's December!!! What's on the menu for everyone today??

IF he feels like getting in the truck to go find a store, we're having grilled lamb chops and a 'Cheesy Gnocchi w/ham(or sausage) and peas" dish.

If not, not sure what we'll throw together with the lamb chops.

But, we are having 'dressing' waffles for breakfast - anxious to try - with some bacon.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13?? by cjs (Wow, it's December!!...)
Grilled rib-eyes, baked potatoes with sour cream and chives and a baby greens salad. Seems like I haven't had a green salad in weeks.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13?? by cjs (Wow, it's December!!...)
My daughter, Laurie, gave us some ham hocks from one of their piggy's (that were 'dispatched' this fall). One of the hocks is in the crock pot with carrots, onions, celery, & thyme for soup. I diced 11oz of the 1 hock and put away for another meal. I think some cornbread to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13?? by Harborwitch (My daughter, Laurie,...)
No cooking for me until next Sunday. The hunters have left for Pa. and I take a break from cooking this whole week. Tonight, I will be going to Holly's for dinner. No idea what she is making, but that's okay. It will give me a chance to work on Christmas projects with the girls.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13?? by Mare749 (No cooking for me un...)
Cloudy, cold, waiting for a storm that I don't think will ever get here. Going to go decorate my father in laws room this afternoon. Got out a few decorations for us, no tree this year or lights outside. No one would ever see them.

Dinner tonight, not really sure yet. Have some turkey left and potatoes. Will come up with something
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13?? by DFen911 (Cloudy, cold, waitin...)
Those darn "stuffing" waffles are filling - I'm glad I have salmon to grill. A light dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13?? by cjs (Those darn "stuffing...)
I'm not a huge stuffing fan, so I don't know if I'll ever give those a try, but the mashed potato waffles continue to intrigue me...

We're using up some of the leftover ham in quiche with three onions and grueyere cheese. John loves quiche and I don't make it very often!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 12/1/13?? by karyn (I'm not a huge stuff...)
We're taking a break from leftovers tonight. William's cooking up my Daddy's famous Pa Pa Burgers and DD is making the Pasta Cobb Salad minus the chicken. She'll add turkey to her leftovers for her lunch tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.