Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13??
  Re: (...)
What's everyone having tody??

Lamb chops here, don't know what I'll do with them yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by cjs (What's everyone havi...)
I've had a hankering for duck, but they were $7.99 lb yesterday, and not looking great. Plan B is breakfast for supper. Eggs Benedict made with his Canadian Bacon, home Fries, not sure of sides yet.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by Lorraine (I've had a hankering...)
Probably Pierogis...
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by luvnit (Probably Pierogis......)
Do you make your own, Laura? we rarely see them here, even frozen. But, I do love them! I have a recipe somewhere for a Lazy Man Perogie Casserole using lasagna noodles. Make have to make it again soon, it was great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by Lorraine (Do you make your own...)
hmmmm, you two are making me hungry!

Looking thru one of the Cuisine for 2 books, found a mushroom quinoa risotto to go with Greek lamb chops (which only means rubbing with oregano leaves ), so that's our dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by cjs (hmmmm, you two are m...)
I am craving Knoephla soup, and perhaps some corn bread or sourdough biscuits. So . . . dinner?

I am also thinking about a couple lamb shanks I have, with some root veggies, and red wine over farro. Okay - that's dinner!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by Harborwitch (I am craving Knoephl...)
Grilled New York steak sot sure on the sides. Lorraine that is crazy expensive for duck! Out here they are $2.59 which I though was pricey. Have you checked into online sellers?
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by DFen911 (Grilled New York ste...)
I wonder why duck is more expensive here? I have been suggesting for years that Ron and his dad go duck hunting, but he keeps telling me we would have to get another dog and train it. And, why is this a problem???

He is craving wings, so we'll do those and a salad. Also making some chicken vegetable soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by DFen911 (Grilled New York ste...)
I have some proscuitto and gruyere to use up (poor us) so I think I'll make a sort of open faced chicken cordon bleu. Broccoli and mashed potatoes (potatoes are leftover from Tony's potluck on Friday).
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/25/13?? by Trixxee (I have some proscuit...)
We have a church meeting tonight, so I'm glad we have leftover Catfish Stew. It was so good!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.