T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

50 years ago today, I was home with a 3-week old baby girl, Laurie Gail, when our world went crashing. Was glued to the tv for days and days.

45 years ago today, took off for Reno after work (and it was a Friday that year, also) and married a divorced fellow with 4 little girls who I had dated for 2 months!!!! Did I puke all night thinking I was absolutely crazy???????????? YOu bet I did.

But, somehow it worked out - and tonight we're celebrating with sparkling and a Buffalo Wing Sausage pizza.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13 by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Happy Anniversary, Jean and Roy!!! What a great story!

No idea what's for dinner tonight...

50 years ago today, I was in school when suddenly our class was dismissed early and the nuns sent us home. I remember walking in the house and my mom was standing in front of the TV looking horrified by what had happened. Some things you just never forget.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13 by Mare749 (Happy Anniversary, J...)
Happy Anniversary!!! I remember it well. They closed the school and sent us all home (in Montreal,no less!!). Didn't have a tv, so we sat around the upright radio to listen to the news.

Darn, forgot about supper! I've never had a deep dish pizza pie, let alone one with a double crust and the sauce on the outside, so that is what he is making tonight.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13 by Lorraine (Happy Anniversary!!!...)
Oh man, that sounds so good and so bad!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Happy Anniversary Jean & Roy. I hope you have a wonderful day!

I remember being in the girls room between French class and math. I don't remember being sent home . . . my old "shrink" said I didn't "memorialize" things. I wish I could have found out why.

I have no idea about dinner - I think I'll dig something from the freezer that we can heat up when I get home. Bob is going to do laundry while I work so we'll both be burnt out.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Congrats on 45 years together! I hope you have a special day today!

50 years ago, I was watching tv, I wasn't in school yet. I remember we had just gotten a NEW thing, a color tv but most shows weren't in color. Too little to comprehend the whole thing but I knew it was serious.

No dinner here, I'm losing weight and Picky has decided he wants to lose weight, too, so I've been ordered not to make dinner or any desserts for a while. I guess that's what has caused his weight gain, not the cookies and candy bars he eats all day long

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13 by pjcooks (Congrats on 45 years...)
Happy anniversary Jean!

I remember my Mom was visiting a friend, I rode my bicycle over to visit and get some cookies, when I went in to the house, my Mom and her friend were standing in front of the TV crying. I've never seen her cry before, so I knew something was wrong. She sent me home and I was really frightened, she hadn't told me what happened. When she got home later and told me, I was relieved (I thought something had happened to my Dad or brothers). I was six years old and didn't understand.

Tonight's dinner is going to be Coq au Vin.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13 by losblanos1 (Happy anniversary Je...)
Have any idea how old you all are making me feel for God's sake????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13 by cjs (Have any idea how ol...)
Happy Anniversary Jean and Roy!!

Cook's night off and thank goodness for that! Been going into work at 5 am for he past couple days. I'm exhausted!!

Honey BBQ wings from The Jughandle Inn.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/22/13 by BarbaraS (Happy Anniversary Je...)
Happy anniversary, Jean and Roy! What a wonderful story!!

I was still in preschool 50 years ago, so all I remember about that time is that all of my favorite cartoons were preempted for days, and I just didn't understand why....

We've had a really stressful week--one of those that seems about nine days long. I'm so glad we made it to Friday! Dinner is beer for John and wine for me, with cheeses, salami, and crackers on the side.