Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We're off to Patterson for a couple days. Like the little shops (olive oil, vinegar, etc.) around the Modesto area. This will be a longer travel day, so probably just soup when we stop.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Carylann was inspired by Erin's FB picture of the pork Pho, so she's making the Chicken Pho from issue #61 tonight, I'm making egg rolls to go with.

I just ordered the updated Cuisine at Home back issue library DVD that includes this year for $5.00. Issues 1-102.
  Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I have no clue! The kids are staying another day, so I'm hoping they will pick something.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no clue! The...)
Haven't had this in ages - red thai coconut curry over jasmine rice.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I have no clue! The...)
Hey Daphne, put your feet up and let the kids cook. Bribe them with wine first.

We are having cauliflower crust pizza later today. Also thinking of making Jean's recipe for turkey sausage and putting some on the pizza with shrimp, creole sauce and cheeses.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by Mare749 (Hey Daphne, put your...)
Hello! That sounds good
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by cjs (Hello! That sounds g...)
They picked ribs, corn, salad, and Butterfinger Cake!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (They picked ribs, co...)
Sounds like a nice dinner Blane and Carylann! And a great deal on the DVD too. Sweet!

We are going to have steaks on the grill, twice baked potatoes with horseradish sour cream, and a Caesar salad. Simple, but delish Just trying to pull stuff out of the freezer.

Butterfinger Cake Daphne! Yumm!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by luvnit (Sounds like a nice d...)
Today, finally, is Maryann's Winter Pork Stew. The kitchen smells fabulous!!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner, 11/17/13?? by Lorraine (Today, finally, is M...)
Better late than never, Lorraine

We ended up going out for an late lunch/early dinner and made out like bandits!! A chef owned restaurant inside a Best Western (if I'd known that when I found the restaurant on line I probably would not have chosen it!) - called Damasco Fine Foods & Spirits -

http://www.damascoca.com/

Sundays 1/2 price on wines!! ) We split the cheese platter and a caesar and had their crab sweet corn chowder - great food. Loved the prsentation of the cheese platter (like getting ideas for these since we have them so often)

[Image: Nov17CheesePlatterDamasco_zps49c9fb2f.jpg]
Grilled Brie, Sheeps Pecorino, Herb Marinated Goat Cheese, Apricot Jam, Grilled Crostini, dried berries & almonds.

[Image: Nov17CheesePlatter2_zps84aea1ab.jpg]

Weather is great here and we're staying until Friday morning to enjoy. )
www.achefsjourney.com