Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

Grandson sent some of the Hawaiian chicken home with us when I suggested l/os would be good in a twice baked potato. But, I have some tortillas and ingred. for a good salsa, so may make a fajita of sorts......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
If my pork cubes thaw in time, it will be Maryann's Winter Pork Stew. Sure wish I had remembered to pull them from the freezer yesterday.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by Lorraine (If my pork cubes tha...)
Lorraine, have you ever used a cast iron skillet to thaw meat?

Dinner tonight will be someplace downtown in the theater district. Got Ron tickets for a comedy show for his birthday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by Mare749 (Lorraine, have you e...)
I do a fairly quick thaw of meat by putting it in a ziploc bag and letting it sit in a sink full of cool water. Works pretty good.

Well, I'm not sure here. The choices are grilled rib eyes with baked potatoes and broccoli, or a thai chicken curry with lots of basil. Whatever we don't have today we will probably have tomorrow.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by Trixxee (I do a fairly quick ...)
We're having Three Cheese Pesto Lasagna Stacks with a spinach salad. It's delicious and vegetarian friendly for the girlfriend.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by karyn (We're having [url=ht...)
Vanilla Cider Pork with Pears.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by BarbaraS (Vanilla Cider Pork w...)
Another new one for us, the Mexican skillet dinner from issue #25.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by losblanos1 (Another new one for ...)
Left over stroganoff. I'm telling you add double the mushrooms any recipe calls for and make a variety and it is just DELISH! I did cremini, chantrelles and shitakes. I may make it again without meat and just do all mushrooms it was that good
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by DFen911 (Left over stroganoff...)
Denise that sounds wonderful.

It was another rugged day - I put a nice chuck of smoked pork butt in the little crock pot with some blackberry BBQ sauce and a bit of raspberry vinegar to cut the sweetness. Mac & cheese and I'm not sure of the veggie.

With luck this was my last day cleaning. They are very concerned about my back and want me to work in the store/office. I'm going to be doing some machine embroidery for them for a couple projects. They have some rooms/cabins that are dog friendly. They have old comforters that go with those rooms for the dogs, and old bath towels. I'll be embroidering dog bones with "woof" inside on the towels so that the laundry will know that they are for dogs. I'm also going to be doing a special pug embroidery project for the "grand pug".

Jean they are looking at your cook books!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 11/16/13?? by Harborwitch (Denise that sounds w...)
Whoopee!! good, thanks Sharon!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com