Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one?
  Re: (...)
This is actually not for me but a friend of mine who is looking for one. I of course don't have one because I think I only make one dessert a year.

Anyway, if anyone has one to share, Cherri would be grateful!
  Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by Trixxee (This is actually not...)
I'm in the camp of very few desserts! Sorry!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm in the camp of v...)
No, I've never made one, but sure did like it the few times I had it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by Trixxee (This is actually not...)
I can't remember if Billy's "Chocolate to the Max" is in his cookbook. I found it - not a classic "mousse" but easier and better!
Als Chocolate To the Max
Ingredients
1 cWhipping cream
6 ozPackage of semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
1 tb Creme de cacao liqueur
1 tsp Almond extract

Als Chocolate To the Max Preparation
Blend together first 4 ingredients while microwaving the cream until just beginning to boil. With blender going add the hot cream and blend until well combined. Pour into small sherbet or wine glasses (I use the disposable plastic ones) and refrigerate for several hours. This is chocolate to the MAX! Few people refuse one of these and few can eat more than one.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by Harborwitch (I can't remember if ...)
Years ago I learned to make a Chocolate Mousse version from my French teacher. It was so easy and so good, I am sure it was not 'authentic'. But I made it for years and all would rave about it.

1 pt of Heavy Whipping Cream, whipped in a large bowl with no sugar added
1 can of Hershey's Chocolate Fudge
Slowly fold think chocolate into whipped topping until all is incorporated.

I looked it up and they do not make the fudge in the yellow can anymore. Gosh that stuff was so good... This recipe was so thick and creamy.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by luvnit (Years ago I learned ...)
Here are a couple ideas for you -

* Exported from MasterCook *

Chocolate Mousse

Recipe By :The American Culinary Federation
Serving Size : 10

10 ounces Bittersweet chocolate
1 1/2 ounces Butter
5 each Eggs -- separated
1 fluid ounce Water
2 ounces Sugar
8 fluid ounces Heavy cream -- whipped
Rum, to taste (optional)

Combine the chocolate and butter and melt over a hot-water bath.

Combine the egg yolks with half of the water and half of the sugar and whisk over a hot-water bath to 145°F for 15 seconds. Remove from the heat and whip until cool.

Using a large rubber spatula, fold the egg whites into the egg yolks. Fold the butter-chocolate mixture into the egg mixture. Fold in the whipped cream and add the rum to taste, if desired.

Source:
"Culinary Fundamentals"
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And, here is Jacques Pepin's -

* Exported from MasterCook *

CHOCOLATE MOUSSE - JACQUES PEPIN

Chocolate Mousse
Mousse au Chocolat

Serves 6 to 8

8 squares (1-ounce size) semisweet chocolate
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
2 eggs, separated
2 extra egg yolks
1/3 cup coffee concentrate
2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) sweet butter, softened
2 cups heavy cream, whipped

Melt the chocolate over hot, but not boiling, water or place in a very low oven (180-degree).

Mix the sugar with 1/4 cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil 3 to 4 minutes. Meanwhile, place the 4 egg yolks in the bowl of an electric mixer. Gradually add the sugar syrup, beating constantly. Continue beating for 5 to 6 minutes at high speed, or until the mixture is thick and creamy. Add the coffee concentrate, Grand Marnier, and softened butter and beat tboroughly. Stir in the melted chocolate.

Beat the egg whites with a rotary or electric beater until stiff and shiny. As soon as they are ready, add to the chocolate mixture and beat in with a wire whisk. Finally, fold in the whipped cream. Pour into a large serving bowl and refrigerate until serving time.
You can, if you like, garnish the top with cocoa, whipped cream, or chocolate curls. You may also omit the egg whites and add 1 more cup of heavy cream to the recipe.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by cjs (Here are a couple id...)
You know I found it interesting that none of the C@H magazines had a recipe. Just a cappuccino recipe and key lime recipe.

Thanks Jean saving these
  Re: Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by DFen911 (You know I found it ...)
I like them both, too.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by cjs (I like them both, to...)
Thank you for your input! Will pass it on right away. And I sure wish I had some right now. Any of them.
  Re: Re: Chocolate Mousse Recipe - anyone have one? by Trixxee (Thank you for your i...)
you're welome - made me hungry for it.
www.achefsjourney.com