What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013?
  Re: (...)
Since Jean and Roy are on the road, I thought I would start this thread in case she doesn't get online right away...

I am going to make the C@H Beef Stroganoff recipe. The one that uses chuck roast, has a delicious dark, rich gravy and is served topped with a dollop of dill sour cream.

I think this could be my hubby's favorite beef dish!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by luvnit (Since Jean and Roy a...)
Nope, regular time for me. Your dinner sounds good!

[Image: NOv10WllieontheRoad_zpsb06ab934.jpg]

But, you're right - Willie, On the Road Again!!!!

I'm roasting a chicken with veggies today - weather pretty good here in SilverLake, but a little chilly.

Lorraine, hope Gil is making you a great dinner!!

And, darn, I don't have a flag with us for Veteran's Day!! (on my list!)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by cjs (Nope, regular time f...)
Jean, that is just too cute!

While looking for an Ina Garten recipe Saturday, I stumbled onto her blog. I figured if her Chicken with Forty Cloves of Garlic with Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes recipes were good enough for her husband's birthday dinner, it might just be worth a try. Now to figure out something green.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that is just t...)
Jean, that is so cute!

Daphne, I have always wanted to make that 40 Clove Chicken. I will have to put that on my list
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by cjs (Nope, regular time f...)
It looks so cozy and cute.

I'm going to do Italian Short Ribs with tomatoes, celery, carrots, fennel, etc. Polenta to go with.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by Harborwitch (It looks so cozy and...)
Daphne I've made that dinner and it was pretty darn tasty
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by DFen911 (Daphne I've made tha...)
Have a great trip Jean. Can't wait to hear about your travels. I think we will be heading south in January!

I am making c@h slow cooker pork pho. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
Erin
Mom to three wonderful 7th graders!
The time is flying by.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by esgunn (Have a great trip Je...)
Hope you let us know how that turns out, Erin. How exciting that you will be traveling as well. Do you know where you want to go yet?

I had to make something out of the pantry today. Got a call early this morning to go pick up Katie at school as she wasn't feel well. So, I didn't want to be dragging her around the grocery store. So tonight we are having tuna casserole and frozen peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by Mare749 (Hope you let us know...)
Everything sounds so good. Laura, that is a great stroganoff recipe.
Tonight it's deep dish pizza again.

Jean, I'm very suspicious of your dog, it hasn't grown since your last picture.
  Re: Re: What's for dinner Monday, November 11, 2013? by losblanos1 (Everything sounds so...)
Everything sounds delicious! I had to postpone last night's dinner (I left my backpack with the stuff I needed for work this week at the lake house, so dinner was drive-thru at Arby's). We grilled the pork tenderloin tonight.