Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

We have lots of leftovers here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Leftovers here too!

This is perfect for today, I have lots of orders to get out and Maggie's IEP at 3:00 today (meeting with her teachers). And a homework project to do at 4:15.

Pork roast, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, veggies on a drizzly cold day, perfect!
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by luvnit (Leftovers here too! ...)
I think I'm leaning toward making a chef's salad since I have a roasted chicken breast to do something with. Will add a hard boiled egg and a couple of slices of bacon.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by Trixxee (I think I'm leaning ...)
I'm making the steak Diane that I cancelled last night. Potatoes and asparagus also.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by losblanos1 (I'm making the steak...)
Country Fried steak and gravy with mashed potatoes and peas. One of my favorite comfort food meals on this cold night!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Country Fried steak ...)
I got carried away doing housework and making a new cake, so he made Chicken Pot Pie (without a crust, but made cornbread. He even made a white chocolate ganache for my cake. If the cake is a success, I'll tell you about it.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by Lorraine (I got carried away d...)
Oh oh, we may be in trouble, huh, Lorraine?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by cjs (Oh oh, we may be in ...)
White chocolate ganache? Major yum!!!

Mondays have become really busy for me recently with 3 hours of tutoring after school. It should go down to two really soon since my neighbor's hs research paper is due very soon, I hope!

I made a beef & mushroom stew yesterday. John heated it in the MW while I finished tutoring student 2, and I made some quick cheddar biscuits to top it with before student 3 arrived. It was actually really tasty. Green salad on the side.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by karyn (White chocolate gana...)
Bob did a roast chicken (from the store), a wonderful salad, and mashed potatoes. He did great@ I finally (after trying all day!) got a Dr. appointment for tomorrow AM. It's at a lovely little clinic run by two female Dr.s. Did I mention that they really look liked some of my hippie friends from 35 years ago? Yup, they do,
\
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 11/4/13?? by Harborwitch (Bob did a roast chic...)
I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but we went out to Applebees this afternoon as we had plans to meet up with some friends when we got back from vacation. So happy hour and appys again...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."