Sunday's Dinner, 11/313??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm making Blane's somebody's b'day dinner - finally taking part in these again!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Jean, I'm glad you're taking part of this B'day dinner. I'm making it again for lunch today. The first time that I made it I used tenderloin (I couldn't find sirloin), I want to follow the recipe exactly as written.

Dinner tonight is steak Diane, mashed potatoes and asparagus.

ETA: I've already changed my mind. We're having deep dish pizza from the 'One Dish Dinners' cookbook.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by losblanos1 (Jean, I'm glad you'r...)
My very sweet hubby is out of town with 'the boys' this weekend. Unfortunately he called me last night and was going to bed early, he is sick with a head cold. Bummer.

He's driving back today so I am going to make a comfort food dinner. Crockpot Pork Roast with Garlic and Rosemary, Onion Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Minnesota Sweet Corn, Brussel Sprout Ribbons, and as much gravy as I can manage.

Feed a cold... starve a fever!

[Image: IMG_20131103_110532.jpg]
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by luvnit (My very sweet hubby ...)
Oh, poor Brad - comfort food is indeed called for.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by luvnit (My very sweet hubby ...)
Laura that looks major YUM!!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by DFen911 (Laura that looks maj...)
Wow! That looks so delicious. Is that a Cuisine recipe?
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by losblanos1 (Wow! That looks so d...)
That roast looks wonderful!

We're going simple tonight, hot dogs. I'm making chili for our principal's birthday luncheon tomorrow, so I wanted to keep it simple.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by Gourmet_Mom (That roast looks won...)
I'm home alone for the week, and i have little incentive to cook for just me. SOOOO, I AM MAKING COOKIES!!! for whom, I don't know, but I am sure me and my pooch Hugo will taste a few.

I might also make a broccoli soup for healths sake, or just eat cookies all day.

It is the beginning of my Husband's life on the road again. Let the pointless cookie cooking begin!
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by jodybarnett (I'm home alone for t...)
And, just think of all the cookie recipes we'll be getting from Jody!!!

Bring them on! I remember those travelin' days - I never minded the weekdays because I worked also, but the weekends were endless!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday's Dinner, 11/313?? by cjs (And, just think of a...)
More bone in rib eyes, but with Blane's favorite vegetable this time. Maybe some garlic bread too.