Pizza Oven ?
  Re: (...)
I just found this idea, and I thought it actually looked doable. Then I noticed the first comment at the bottom. Those of you that have been around one your advise about it. I don't know if I would ever get William to do this, but if I do, I'd like to know. Make your own pizza oven
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Pizza Oven ? by Gourmet_Mom (I just found this id...)
Love this, Daphne and copying - when we get settled again, this is one that looks a lot easier and cheaper than the ones I've been looking at. Thanks for researching.

When we get out there - Roy and William can build yours, then we'll build ours.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Oven ? by cjs (Love this, Daphne an...)
Wouldn't that be cool! I'm curious about the metal under the floor, though. Does Roy know?
Daphne
  Re: Pizza Oven ? by Gourmet_Mom (I just found this id...)
I could never get Picky to do this, he loves Pizza HutSad but I would love it, think of the possibilities!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Pizza Oven ? by pjcooks (I could never get Pi...)
Good to see you around PJ! The possibilities are exciting! Especially after I retire! As long as it gets made by then, I'll be happy!

Not that I'm anywhere near getting William motivated for this, but I've been checking around, and I haven't discovered where to buy the proper bricks and cement. The instructions list a specific kind that I assume you need due to the high heat. I will continue to search.
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Oven ? by Gourmet_Mom (Good to see you arou...)
I just forwarded the link to Roy, Daphne - he'll look it over tomorrow. I've already told him I'm interested.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Pizza Oven ? by cjs (I just forwarded the...)
Thanks, Jean! Be sure he sees the comment about the sheet metal under the floor. And where's Bill? I thought he'd be all over this with all the answers we need!

Funny that I took a look at Pinterest! I rarely have time these days! And there it was! It was meant to be!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Oven ? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Jean! Be su...)
I did not build my own. It was built as part of a gazebo we built at the same time. We got the clay oven interior parts from Italy, thru Los Angeles Oven Works and designed the exterior to go with our house and back yard. The company has a website. I do not remember any metal plates. It was all clay plus hollow tile, square concrete blocks, a coating for the inside, and stucco. Take a look at their website.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Pizza Oven ? by Old Bay (I did not build my o...)
Thanks, Bill! The metal plate was my biggest question. I'll check out the website, too! Thanks!
Daphne
  Re: Re: Pizza Oven ? by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks, Bill! The m...)
Did Roy ever check this out Jean?
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura