New Product - Grandma Chongs's Salsa-Cue
  Re: (...)
At least new to me!!
We had Mr. Brown's Smoked Pork sandwiches today and used some of the below 'Tequla Butter' on the rolls!!! Wow!

[Image: Oct6MrBrownSandwich_zps4c591edc.jpg]

Last weekend our friend Don sent home a jar of Grandma Chonga’s Salsa-Cue – what a great flavor it has. It’s sold thru Whole Foods and a couple other outlets, which are not near us! I have emailed them to see if the products can be ordered directly from them. Fingers crossed.

I made a recipe I found on their website (darn, using the last of what I had) for Tequila Butter which we’ve decided we can spread on anything, even even eat by the spoonful – it’s that good!

http://chongasalsa.com/

Here’s the recipe – the only problem, it doesn’t work the way it is written, so I’m going to have to work on it a little. Too much liquid for the butter to set up again. But, I love it!

And, no problem spreading it on anything with a rubber spatula!

Tequila Butter

Delicious as a finish butter to melt over grilled steaks, shrimp, artichokes, corn on the cob or as a dipping butter for lobster.

1 stick of butter, cubed
¾-1 cup Grandma Chonga’s Original, Chunky or Hot Salsa
2-3 Tbls of your favorite Tequila
2 cloves Fresh Garlic, Finely Chopped
1 lime wedge, squeezed
½-3/4 tsp. salt (to taste)

1. Cube butter at room temperature.

2. Combine all ingredients together until whipped smooth with a fork

3. (note: over whipping butter will cause separation)

4. Place whipped butter horizontally across a medium piece of plastic wrap. Roll butter into a tube shape until the butter is completely wrapped. Twist each open end of plastic until tightly sealed (like a tootsie roll). Place your “Chonga’s Tequila Butter” in the refrigerator until firm & slice pats of butter as needed.

Source
Author: Author: Grandma Chonga’s Salsa
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Product - Grandma Chongs's Salsa-Cue by cjs (At least new to me!!...)
That sounds really good!

C@H's salsa-cue chicken sandwiches are one of my favorite grilled sandwiches. Something about salsa and bbq sauce mixed together....
  Re: Re: New Product - Grandma Chongs's Salsa-Cue by Trixxee (That sounds really g...)
I really liked that recipe also. Not being a huge fan of BBQ sauce, the salsa really toned it down for me. Ron, not so much.

Jean, is Grandma Chongs a sweet sauce? Your sandwich looks really delicious.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: New Product - Grandma Chongs's Salsa-Cue by Mare749 (I really liked that ...)
It looks good! So does the tequila butter. Hmmmm
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: New Product - Grandma Chongs's Salsa-Cue by Harborwitch (It looks good! So d...)
A little sweet, hot, spicy Maryann. Just the right amounts of each for us.

Can't remember if I've made the sandwiches you and Trixxie mentioned, will have to look.

----

I just got the nicest reply from the granddaughter who runs the company and they will sell/***** to me. If anyone is interested in trying these products.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: New Product - Grandma Chongs's Salsa-Cue by cjs (A little sweet, hot,...)
They are super simple Jean. It's just half bbq sauce, half salsa. I think what makes the sandwich really good are the extras - toasted kaiser roll, pepper jack cheese, red onion, sliced avocado & tomato. Just the grilled chicken on a bun wouldn't knock anyone's socks off.

Let's face it, avocado makes anything better, just like bacon.
  Re: Re: New Product - Grandma Chongs's Salsa-Cue by Trixxee (They are super simpl...)
That looks and sounds really good, Jean! I need to look into the sandwich you mentioned, too, Trixxee!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.