Sunday Dinner 10/6
  Re: (...)
Hey, where is Jean??? I hope everything is okay! It's not like her to not even stop in...

We took our dinner over to Holly's house and ate with them. Ron smoked a bunch of chicken quarters and I made Cuisine's Pumpkin Caramel Bars with Bacon. OMG! Very delicious. I left most of them with Holly. She made potato salad and baked beans, and bought some good Italian bread.

ETA: Just read the birthday dinner thread. Jean did stop in today! Guess she just isn't cooking today.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by Mare749 (Hey, where is Jean??...)
Based on what she posted yesterday, she cooked enough for a week!

I'm still getting over my fall and catching up with school work. So William made me some Chicken Bog. I was worried about having a green. We would normally have Lesaur peas with this. As I opened the freezer to make a cocktail, I spotted my frozen petite peas! So I added them to the pot as it finished. William was thrilled and will do this in the future when he makes it at the camp!

Hunting is ramping up in the coming weeks. So weekend meals will get interesting! LOL! But we will be making my daddy's Brunswick Stew soon. This time we will make it just for us. We'll share at family and camp meals, but we will NOT be giving away quarts.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by Gourmet_Mom (Based on what she po...)
You know because of the non-activity in these dinner threads, I just thought maybe people were getting tired of them and I'd see if anyone else wanted to take up the gauntlet.

Thanks Maryann. Doe we all want them to continue? Or, maybe do them when someone has something interesting?? Whatever everyone wants.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by cjs (You know because of ...)
Well speaking of Sunday dinner I made the Zingerman's chicken in the pot it's an old recipe you know the one with the Italian bread on the bottom and celery and onions and then you bake the whole chicken in the pot it turned out delicious
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by farnfam (Well speaking of Sun...)
Quote:

Doe we all want them to continue

I usually only post if I'm making something really good/interesting. Didn't post yesterday because we met with clients late afternoon, stopped on the way home and bought frozen fish sticks and fries.

Cis, the chicken sounds great.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
I kind of like the daily dinner thread because it's the one thread where people share their day and what they are doing even if it isn't food related. But, that's just me.

Speaking of threads, I posted my review for Somebody's Birthday dinner last night on the original thread. We will have to see how much interest there is in that thread also and decide if we should continue that one.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by Mare749 (I kind of like the d...)
I feel the same, Maryann - it's interesting to catch up with everyone on those threads. So, o.k., kid, if it's just you and me, we go for it!1
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by cjs (I feel the same, Mar...)
I just looked in issue #101, but didn't see the recipe -
Cuisine's Pumpkin Caramel Bars with Bacon.

which issue or book is it in?????
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by cjs (I just looked in iss...)
Jean, issue #83 page 51. They are so delicious!
  Re: Re: Sunday Dinner 10/6 by Mare749 (I kind of like the d...)
Did some marathon cooking yesterday for the week, since we're really really busy and my boss is on indefinate medical leave leaving 2.5 of us in the kitchen. I made shrimp parm risotto, using up all my lobster stock finally. Also beef tips in gravy, same with the beef stock. Pulled pork with a maple BBQ sauce tonight, KAF's choc cupcakes with fudge frosting, some with a Toll House cookie dough filling, some without. Of course, there was all that cookie dough left over. Corn on the cob (last of the season, I can't ever remember having corn this late before up here). Fresh rolls should hold out a few days if the kids don't get them first!

Felt like another morning at work without the paycheck

PJ

Oops, should have posted this under Monday.........
PJ