Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25
  Re: (...)
Made a double batch of this over the weekend and had it for lunch 2 days in a row. The calorie count is a bit high, so I used Olive Oil mayonnaise which is lower in calories than regular. Although it was good the second day, this is a salad that is best eaten as soon as it's made so that the bacon is still crisp. We both really liked this dish.

Peas & Cheddar Salad
Serves 2

2 strips thick-sliced bacon -- diced
1 1/2 cups frozen green peas, thawed and drained
1/4 cup diced Cheddar
1/4 cup bias-sliced scallions
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste

Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Transfer bacon to a paper-towel-lined plate.

Combine peas, Cheddar and scallions in a bowl. Whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice, and Dijon and stir into pea mixture.

Season salad with salt and pepper. Stir in bacon right before serving.

Calories per serving: 426

NOTES : Canola oil or olive oil mayonnaise works well here, but light mayonnaise will leave the salad watery.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by Mare749 (Made a double batch ...)
Wow, this looks like 'the ole pea salad' of our Illinois days. I always felt a little guilty ' cause I liked the flavors so well.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by cjs (Wow, this looks like...)
You know, that's funny, Jean. Ron said this salad was so familiar and he didn't know why. I wouldn't be surprised if it's one that somebody made for family reunions that we went to for years and years.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by Mare749 (You know, that's fun...)
I loved pea salad when I was growing up. John, however, thinks peas are evil so I haven't made it in years. He may have to suffer through this one soon. It sounds delicious!
  Re: Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by karyn (I loved pea salad wh...)
William loves peas, so I'm sure he'll like this! Thanks, Maryann.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by Mare749 (Made a double batch ...)
Oooo!! This works for me!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by karyn (I loved pea salad wh...)
Quote:

John, however, thinks peas are evil

So does Gil. But when we put in on a buffet, folks gobble it up!
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Sounds really good and definitely similar to that layered salad that you would refrigerate overnight and somehow the lettuce magically stayed very crisp.
  Re: Re: Peas & Cheddar Salad Review--Issue 100, page 25 by Lorraine ( [blockquote]Quote:[...)
Quote:

[blockquote]Quote:

John, however, thinks peas are evil

So does Gil. But when we put in on a buffet, folks gobble it up!

[/blockquote]

That's easy to explain: evil people.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?