Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

No idea here - guess I'd better wake up and start thinking.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I didn't do steak last night, so I will probably do that tonight. Off to make the Butterfinger Cake for Ashley's birthday party at the farm tonight. Jason, her boyfriend, is doing Dutch Oven Chicken Pot Pie!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (I didn't do steak la...)
It's really stormy here, so grilling is out of the question. Tonight it will be chicken cutlets or the chicken and waffles. Normally Carylann cooks on Saturdays, but she's spending the week in Cabo San Lucas (she just landed a few minutes ago).
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by losblanos1 (It's really stormy h...)
Wow, lucky Carylann!! I guess the rain is over the entire state!! Sure is pouring here in Richland, also.

We're going to have Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato soup (out of the box) and grilled cheese sandwiches (cheese from Cheese Louise.)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by losblanos1 (It's really stormy h...)
Wishing Carylann a great week in Cabo! Will you still cook all week, Blane? When Ron goes on his hunting vacation every year, I hardly cook all week.

Not sure what we want to have tonight, but thinking of cooking some sausage, peppers, and onions on the grill. Subject to change if we decide to go out shopping.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by Mare749 (Wishing Carylann a g...)
Hey, I had a grilled cheese for lunch!

I love to cook, so I'll continue, but it's no fun cooking for only one.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by losblanos1 (Hey, I had a grilled...)
No, it's not, Blane, that's for sure.

Maryann, how did your going out to dinner with your friends go?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by cjs (No, it's not, Blane,...)
Peach-Glazed Pork Loin here. But subbing tenderloin for the grilled loin.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by cjs (No, it's not, Blane,...)
Quote:

No, it's not, Blane, that's for sure.

Maryann, how did your going out to dinner with your friends go?

We just went to a local mom/pop place for Friday night fish 'n chips and beer. Nothing fancy, but good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/28/13?? by Mare749 ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Honey and soy glazed roast pork tenderloin. Veggies that roasting with it are brussel sprouts, carrots and turnips. Another F&W recipe from the Oct issue. The only thing I'm not sure of is the lack of seasoning. A bit of S&P, but no herbs at all. Just honey, soy, veal demi glace and chicken stock.