Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast
  Re: (...)
Hey All,

Just got back from food shopping and I picked up an interesting item - Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast - since I want to make some dough on Sunday. The description reads:

No rise time or proofing needed - just make and bake

Specially formulated for making easy pizza crust dough - no frustrating "snap back" when rolling or pressing out dough

Make your crust any way you want it - thick, thin, whole wheat, with herbs or cheese

So I figure I'll use their recipe and see how it turns out. Anybody use this before?

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]Just...)
No, Barbara, but I'm interested in how you make out with that! I've never mastered the snap back, and have tried lots of different ways eliminate it.

Let us know!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by pjcooks (No, Barbara, but I'm...)
PJ,

Karyn posted a great dough recipe in this thread, 2nd post in:

http://www.forums.cuisineathome.com/ubbt...rt=1#Post149705

No snap back at all, but as it says it makes 4 crusts, I divide it in half, it's that thin. It's a great crust!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by BarbaraS (Hey All,[br][br]Just...)
We Have We Have, I don't like making dough at all and this is so easy and taste just fine to me. My son who is a Pizza freak has done several Pizza Parties using Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast and has had no issues with it.
  Re: Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by madmax (We Have We Have, I d...)
Barbara, as far as 'snap back' goes - if, when you are rolling/pushing your dough out and meet resistance, just cover it and allow to rest 5 to 8 minutes and continue. Some stiffer doughs you might have to do this 2 or 3 times, but it works.

That's the dough Jimmy uses Trace? Hmmm, will have to try it - I have never bought it before, but should really know how to use it. Thanks Barbara for bringing this up.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by cjs (Barbara, as far as '...)
I'll have to check into that! I have had some issues with the snap back at times, so I will be interested in trying this! Thanks, Barbara!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by Gourmet_Mom (I'll have to check i...)
Don't think I've ever had snap back problems, but I am going to look for this yeast anyway. Very very interested in any kind of new fangled pizza idea
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by farnfam (Don't think I've eve...)
me too, Cis.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Fleischmann's Pizza Crust Yeast by cjs (me too, Cis. [img]/u...)
I'm doing the same, worth a try.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".