Flour less cake
  Re: (...)
Anyone have a flour less cake. They want to share.

Any pointers on making it?

Thanks.
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.
  Re: Flour less cake by mjkcooking (Anyone have a flour ...)
Hope you meant a chocolate one. This always ranks at the top of CI cakes. Here's the recipe with my notes from the first time I made it. Since it worked, I have continued to make it that way. You can use cocoa instead of flour to dust the pan.

EXPORTED FROM LIVING COOKBOOK

BITTERSWEET CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE***** Servings: 12

I used Ghirardelli semi-sweet chips and a smidgen of TJ's block (to make up the difference since the chip bag was only 11+ ounces) and Ghirardelli unsweetened and a combo of Plugrá and Kirkland butter. I only use the Costco extra large eggs so it got 8 of those. I did not follow directions (my bad) and melted the chocolate and butter in the microwave. I measured the sugar into a small Ziplock and got rid of the lumps by rubbing the bag to avoid contamination. I whipped the whites in the small bowl of my KA. Since I had melted the stuff in 4 cup measuring cup, I could not fold the eggs into the chocolate, so I folded the chocolate, butter and yolks into the egg whites. It still worked ok, the whites were very stable and did not fall. I baked it on a Frieling pan. It was perfect at 50 minutes. The edges looked done, but I used a thermometer to check the temp. I served it as dessert for Christmas dinner. Everyone raved about it and despite saying how rich it was, they asked for seconds. Most had it with chocolate chip ice cream. This was one of the easiest and yummiest cakes I've ever made and I will definitely continue to make it.

Oven Temperature: 325°F

Prep.:30 min. Cooking:45 min. Inactive:12 hours Total:13 hours and 20 min.

6 oz. unsalted butter (1½ sticks), cut into 12 pieces
1 tsp. unsalted butter , softened, for greasing pan
unbleached all-purpose flour or cocoa for dusting pan
12 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 TBS. vanilla extract
8 large eggs , separated
⅛ tsp. table salt
2/3 cup packed light brown sugar (4½ oz.), crumbled with fingers to remove lumps

Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Butter sides of 9" springform pan; flour sides and tap out excess. Line bottom of pan with parchment or waxed paper round. Wrap bottom and sides of pan with large sheet of foil.

Melt 12 TBS. butter and chocolates in large bowl over large saucepan containing about 2 qts. barely simmering water, stirring occasionally, until chocolate mixture is smooth. Cool mixture slightly, then whisk in vanilla and egg yolks. Set chocolate mixture aside, reserving hot water, covered, in saucepan.

In clean bowl of standing mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat egg whites and salt at medium speed until frothy, about 30 seconds; add half of crumbled brown sugar, beat at high speed until combined, about 30 seconds, then add remaining brown sugar and continue to beat at high speed until soft peaks form when whisk is lifted (see photo, below), about 2 minutes longer. Using whisk, stir about one-third of beaten egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten it, then fold in remaining egg whites in 2 additions using whisk. Gently scrape batter into prepared springform pan, set springform pan in large roasting pan, then pour hot water from saucepan to depth of 1 inch. Carefully slide roasting pan into oven; bake until cake has risen, is firm around edges, center has just set, and instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers about 170° F, 45 to 55 minutes.

Remove springform pan from water bath, discard foil, and cool on wire rack 10 minutes. Run thin-bladed paring knife between sides of pan and cake to loosen; cool cake in springform pan on wire rack until barely warm, about 3 hours, then wrap pan in plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, at least 8 hours. (Cake can be refrigerated for up to 2 days.)

To unmold cake, remove sides of pan. Slide thin metal spatula between cake and pan bottom to loosen, then invert cake onto large plate, peel off parchment, and re-invert onto serving platter. To serve, use sharp, thin-bladed knife, dipping knife in pitcher of hot water and wiping blade before each cut.

Recipe Type: Cakes, Chocolate, Cook's Illustrated, Desserts

Source: Cook's Illustrated November 1, 2002
Web Page: http://www.cooksillustrated.com/recipes/...docid=5062
  Re: Re: Flour less cake by Cubangirl (Hope you meant a cho...)
Thank you I should remember ci. They usually have what I need plus they are always good
Our dinner has been put on hold so will remember next time
Thanks again
Everything will be all right in the end. So if it is not right, then it's not yet the end.