Morning coffee: a different way
  Re: (...)
In one of those "why-didn't-I-think-of-this-before" moments, when I had breakfast this morning I decided to stir some of this into my oatmeal. Wow! YUM!

[Image: 0haw.jpg]

It's a coffee jelly that I bought on my last trip to Guatemala. This is a different brand from the one I mentioned HERE and ultimately made into my Thumbprint-Style Nutella Cookies with Coffee Jelly.

The other one was very firm - beyond Jell-O and almost into "gummy" territory. The base of this one is papaya (since unripe papayas have very little flavour), so it is much more spreadable (and probably would have melted more evenly in the aforementioned cookies).

Either way, it's delicious on toast with butter (kind of coffee with cream, if you think about it) and was wonderful in the oatmeal. Now I know that I'll have to pick up a few jars of this (not just one) on my next trip!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Morning coffee: a different way by labradors (In one of those "why...)
Don't think I've ever seen that before, but might be able to find it on our next vacation. Sounds good and would probably be good in sauces as well.

This just reminded me of some pepper jelly that I brought home one time that was so hot we had to just give up on using it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Morning coffee: a different way by Mare749 (Don't think I've eve...)
Looks interesting
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Morning coffee: a different way by cjs (Looks interesting...)
Coffee jelly?? all i have to say is WHY DOESNT STARBUCKS SELL THIS??? I am in love!
  Re: Re: Morning coffee: a different way by jodybarnett (Coffee jelly?? all i...)
Good point. I'm surprised Starbucks doesn't have something like this. SOMEONE must, one would think.

Most of the results on a Google search are about a Japanese gelatin dessert, but I did find THIS.
  Re: Re: Morning coffee: a different way by labradors (Good point. I'm sur...)
I would so put this on a piece of almond biscotti
  Re: Re: Morning coffee: a different way by DFen911 (I would so put this ...)
Great idea, Denise. I'll have to make some biscotti before I run out of jelly.

Very soon, though, I'm going to make some lefse. Let's see how it does on those.
  Re: Re: Morning coffee: a different way by labradors (Great idea, Denise. ...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com