Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I brought some of the feta home from the winery last night - got it at Cash & Carry and it has some bits of Kalamatas and sun-dreid tomatos in it. Don't remember buying it before, but it sure is tasty.

So, guess it'll be a pizza.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We are celebrating Tommy's birthday this evening and we are invited for dinner. Last I heard they were cooking ribs. Not sure what sides Heather is making, but I do know there will be a birthday cake.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by Mare749 (We are celebrating T...)
Went out for burgers and dogs at the last minute last night (I had a chicken sausage with slaw and sriacha mayo that was outstanding) so we will have the chicken bacon burritos tonight.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by Trixxee (Went out for burgers...)
For lunch I'm making Schlow brats and for dinner Carylann is making chicken bistro cakes, sweet potato steak fries and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by losblanos1 (For lunch I'm making...)
After that game day post I'm starving for a lot of things! I would scarf down about half or more on the list!!!!! Lucky me, I have all the ingredients for a Low Country Boil in the fridge, so seafood for dinner! But Chicken Fried Steak and The Best Clam Chowder Ever and Chili are on the menu next week! YUM!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by losblanos1 (For lunch I'm making...)
We had a fruit, cheese, and cracker brunch tray. Cheeses: Saint Andrea, white sharp cheddar, and a Gorgonzola dolce. Fruit: Fresh figs and South Carolina peaches (picked Wednesday), balsamic fig confit, fruit paste from New Zealand and club crackers. Washed down with a tasty Bourdeaux blend red wine.

Dinner: Pork chops (Cajun) and fresh corn on the cob.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by Old Bay (We had a fruit, chee...)
Just some filets and BĂ©arnaise with potato/sweet potato and salad with Blue Cheese dressing. Should've gotten some corn, but was busy cleaning today.

Sis and BIL from Scotland called today and we went over their "Day with Lil Sis" next Saturday. They fly in on Tuesday. Can't wait to see them!!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by BarbaraS (Just some filets and...)
"Just some filets", Barbara?

Quite the day here. Went to a friend's this afternoon for a lobsterfest. He buys 3 cases of lobster off the dock in Portland, ME (paid $2.25#). That's about 300 lobsters... Picky had 5!

So, because all this lobster in drawn butter rendered us totally insane, we went to the Hampton Beach Seafood Festival.

Enough said.

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by pjcooks ("Just some filets", ...)
Wow, now that's quite a day, PJ!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Saturday's Dinner, 9/7/13?? by Mare749 (Wow, now that's quit...)
Wow, PJ - I guess that was a day!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com