WeekNight Fast Dinner - Pasta with Pizza Sauce....
  Re: (...)
This easy and quick pasta dish came about because of a pizza sauce I made from a Bill Jamison book. Just a regular tomato based sauce, but the additions and quantities of dried herbs called for made such an intense, highly seasoned sauce, that at first I thought I had 2 qts. of an unusable mess.

This is what I came up with the following day and we loved it. So, the sauce is going in the freezer to be used with strong flavors. The dish is so quick, you’ll have to set the table quickly!! Any pizza sauce can be used.

Campanelle Pasta with Jamison Pizza sauce - Mediterranean Style

[Image: Aug28PastawJamisonPizzaSauce1_zps45a1776c.jpg]

http://www.grouprecipes.com/136816/campa...style.html

It completely overpowered the Margarita pizza I made with my beautiful Heirlooms!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: WeekNight Fast Dinner - Pasta with Pizza Sauce.... by cjs (This easy and quick ...)
Jean, is the pizza sauce recipe posted somewhere?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: WeekNight Fast Dinner - Pasta with Pizza Sauce.... by Mare749 (Jean, is the pizza s...)
Looks good!
  Re: Re: WeekNight Fast Dinner - Pasta with Pizza Sauce.... by Trixxee (Looks good!...)
I'll post it here tomorrow a.m., Maryann - I don't want to put it on group recipes, tho.

Here you go -
Bill Jamison’s Pizza Sauce
From Smoke & Spice – to go with Deep-Dish Mozz Pizza.

15 oz, can plum tomatoes
3 T. olive oil
2 T. dried basil
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dried hot red chile flakes.

Prepare the sauce by combine the ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, breaking up the tomatoes with a spoon, until thickened, about 15 minutes. Let the sauce cool briefly.

Maryann, I didn’t even try the recipe out first in this small amount – because every recipe I have made of his has been great. I made 6X his amount, so I have a nice stockpile in the freezer. And, I think I’ll like it on Salami and/or Sausage pizzas – some with strong flavors.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: WeekNight Fast Dinner - Pasta with Pizza Sauce.... by cjs (I'll post it here to...)
Jean, is that really 2 T. of dried basil? It would make more sense if fresh, but that's an awful lot for dried...
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: WeekNight Fast Dinner - Pasta with Pizza Sauce.... by Mare749 (Jean, is that really...)
Yes, that was why I was so surprised! I think I'll send them an email. Next time I'm going with 2 tsps......
www.achefsjourney.com