It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn
  Re: (...)
Anyone make their own creamed corn?? It is so easy, fast and so much lower in sodium and delcious to boot!!! Just made a double batch to use in my succotash.

Creamed corn is such an old family comfort food for us.

from "Black Beans & Corn"

[Image: Aug9CreamedCorn_zps2dcbbe8d.jpg]

The recipe is in the book and on Group Recipes -
http://www.grouprecipes.com/136703/creamed-corn.html
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by cjs (Anyone make their ow...)
That is one of our favorites! Ron could eat the whole dish by himself.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by Mare749 (That is one of our f...)
I could eat a whole batch by myself! I love the stuff!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by Gourmet_Mom (I could eat a whole ...)
Always follow Gulliver's Creamed Corn recipe. Not sure if that is considered homemade because I use frozen corn? Certainly wouldn't buy the canned stuff.
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by Trixxee (Always follow Gulliv...)
I have used the one on Pioneer Woman several times. I need to try the one in Jean's book to compare. Especially right now with corn still coming off. I need to remember to get the yellow or a mix. The white this weekend in the Low Country Boil was too sweet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by Gourmet_Mom (I have used the one ...)
I'll have to go check her recipe - interesting. Thanks Daphne.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by cjs (I'll have to go chec...)
I make a fantastic creamed corn recipe from BA made with frozen white and yellow corn (It could be made with fresh, but I've always made it in the winter). It is served with the creamed corn at the bottom, a marinated and roasted pork tenderloin on top of the corn and apple cranberry chutney on top of the pork.

I dislike canned cream corn, but this stuff I could eat until the entire pot was gone.
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by Cubangirl (I make a fantastic c...)
We did the pork and creamed corn recipe from C@H at the cottage a few weeks ago. The sauce was mmmmm good. I used canned corn as we were in a pinch for time - I think it would be delightful with fresh.

http://www.cuisinerecipes.com/2009/06/11...print=true

IT was yummy. I made one batch with pork and one with White fish for the non-redmeaters (me)
I had to do a batch of the creamed corn "sans" bacon, which worked fine for those obstaining from the piggy piggy.
I was a very very rich meal, would be sure to balance off any other dishes to reflect that.
oh, and a big bold Chard matched wonderfully!!!
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by jodybarnett (We did the pork and ...)
Hmmm, how did I miss seeing this one, the kebabs sound really good. It's copied.

I'm so glad so many of us make our own creamed corn - no matter the recipe, it's so darned good!!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: It's Corn Season - Think Creamed Corn by cjs (Hmmm, how did I miss...)
This is the recipe I always use from the rather famous prime rib restaurant. I usually make it only during the holidays but it sure sounds good now.

http://www.gulliversrestaurant.com/uploads/recipes.pdf