T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm thawing out salmon, not sure what I'll do with it - found a bag of lima beans in the freezer, so probably do some succotash.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Going camping, so gonna grill burgers for the group. Taking a batch of my pickles too
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by DFen911 (Going camping, so go...)
I have to make two components for the MBD - I'll get that done before I go to work. I'm off at 6 ( ) so assembly will be easy. I'm excited for the flavors.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by Harborwitch (I have to make two c...)
Chicken piccata, leftover rice pilaf and broccoli. Kind of boring, but at least I know it will be good. I've been pretty unhappy with the last three meals I've made.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by Trixxee (Chicken piccata, lef...)
Oh boy, we had a wonderful dinner - Slo roasted Salmon (thank you Bill Miller for the method!) and topped with goodies. Served with succotash. Tried a new trick (for me anyway) today. After pulling the salmon from the oven, I had a skillet heated with butter and added the salmon skin side down and crisped up the skin and even Roy ate every bit of the skin (never has before!)

[Image: Aug9SloRstdSalmonwSuccotash_zps60e45a11.jpg]

Add a bottle of Washington's Tagaris Eliseo Silva '09 Late Harvest Chenin Blanc and we were very happy campers.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by cjs (Oh boy, we had a won...)
Tonight I'm making the Schlow burger with pommes frites.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight I'm making t...)
Tapas night at our house. (little bits of leftovers) Started the meal with some chipotle grilled shrimp,(yummy) then moved on to homemade guacamole and chips and some sliced mango, then had wraps made with l/os from last night's dinner challenge. (not telling, but oh, so, good) Two nights in a row that we had a really delicious dinner using the same ingredients but in a different way.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by Mare749 (Tapas night at our h...)
And Ron was happy?
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by cjs (And Ron was happy?...)
Yes, very happy with both meals! Whew!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. dINNER, 8/9/13?? by Mare749 (Yes, very happy with...)
Congrats, Maryann

Went with the kids to Southport this morning. Met Mom for lunch at Fishy Fishy . And we did the whole tourist thing to show BB girlfriend his "Hometown". Tonight after swimming and sailing all afternoon, I served the kids tenderloin on the grill and twice baked potatoes with a salad on the side. They were thrilled!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.