Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today for everyone?

I made spatzle for Roy and noodles for me to have with a Slo Cook BBQ Brisket with gravy yesterday and we enjoyed it so much, we're having a repeat today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
A new recipe tonight, Country Ribs with Mango Barbeque Sauce and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by losblanos1 (A new recipe tonight...)
The grilled marinated korean short ribs Tony bought premarinated the other day were so good but he just didn't buy enough so we felt like we needed more. I'm going to try to find some flanken ribs this morning and make up my own marinade. The potential problem is whenever I have a certain idea in mind that is slightly out of the norm I can't find the meat when I'm looking for it.

Hope that doesn't happen today.

Edited to add: got the ribs and they were on sale. Now I probably bought too much.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by Trixxee (The grilled marinate...)
I am doing Denise's mystery box dinner tonight so I can say nothing! It will be a busy day, smoking bacon and all the prep for dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by Harborwitch (I am doing Denise's ...)
I am doing the mystery box dinner as well. It was planned for several days ago, but didn't work out. I did my prep this morning, so will be very easy to finish later.

My project is relatively simple compared to what the rest of you are probably planning, but at least Ron will eat it. I hope.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by Mare749 (I am doing the myste...)
I just finished writing up what I want to do, so I'm ready to go with Denise's dinner also. Mine, too, is very basic, but I hope tasty....as we all hope!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by cjs (I just finished writ...)
I'm finally really excited about this challenge. My heart just wasn't into due to other things going on, but now it's becoming a lot of fun. And hopefully tasty!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by Mare749 (I'm finally really e...)
Have fun you guys!

I'm letting William treat me to some Buffalo wings and a simple salad. Just finished my cleaning marathon! FINALLY! The kids are due in a few hours! I am SO EXCITED!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Have fun you guys![b...)
Lol I think I'm gonna be late on my dinner. Leaving early in the AM for the seafood festival on the coast. Trailer is all loaded up and ready.

As for dinner tonight it's left overs. Did a tomato sauce braise on some top round steak and some quinoa
  Re: Re: Thursday's Dinner, 8/8/13?? by DFen911 (Lol I think I'm gonn...)
Sounds like fun - have a great time, D&D!!
www.achefsjourney.com