What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone??

I'm duplicating Denise's Hamburger Quest dinner altho I can't remember the last time I cooked burgers stovetop - but, I do neet the burger goodness for the veggies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
We have had this discussion. Ron likes his burgers grilled all the time, no matter what the weather. I like them pan-fried in my cast iron skillet sometimes. (This was after I watched Julia's method)

We are going out to the kid's camp this afternoon. No plans for dinner so we will probably all pop over to the winery across the street for wood-fired pizza and sandwiches.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I made up the pickles last night, have stuff for a salad, and we are doing burgers. Of course they'll be stepped up a bit, mac & cheese burgers with tomatoes on ciabatta rolls. I work until 7:30 so I can have the salad ready to go and Bob can grill the burgers while I "griddle" the mac & cheese inside. We've done these before, yummmmm.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13?? by Harborwitch (I made up the pickle...)
Didn't get to it yesterday, so today it's the Thai Coconut Chicken Soup with rice stick noodles (though I don't like those so I'm using jasmine rice). This is from the Cuisine Lite with the chicken roulades on the cover. 325 calories per 1 1/2 cup. Need some damage control after the frisco melts/burgers we had. Gosh were those good. May never go back to rye bread.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13?? by Trixxee (Didn't get to it yes...)
I'm going to have to dust off my Cuisine lite cookbooks.

Grilled bacon cheeseburgers tonight.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13?? by losblanos1 (I'm going to have to...)
Blane, there's another recipe on the following page that looks pretty good that I want to make this week called Steak Taco Chili with Pinto Beans.
Soft shells were $3.49# (lobsters) so picked up half a doz, as well as half a doz of the first corn of the season from my neighbor's farm. Some freshly made ciabatta and coleslaw rounded out this PERFECT summer dinner. And it only rained once today!!

This is our reward for enduring winter...

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13?? by pjcooks (Soft shells were $3....)
Put a star on your forehead, PJ so you don't forget today!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13?? by cjs (Put a star on your f...)
I wanna eat with PJ tonight! That entire menu sounds perfect for my last night of summer vacation!

However, instead, we took a long ride on the Harley this morning and sat on our dock late this afternoon. We didn't have any rain, but there were sure a lot more clouds than we were promised! Dinner tonight is quesadillas with caramelized onions & peppers, chicken, and mango salsa. Kind of a clean-out-the-fridge meal, but I've done them before and they're delicious!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 8/4/13?? by karyn (I wanna eat with PJ ...)
Post deleted by losblanos1