Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13??
  Re: (...)
Wow, another month down the drain - August already???

What's on the menu for everyone today?

I have another small pkg. of the Cuban pork that I used for sandwiches yesterday and I'm thinking of a frittata for a change.

Off the wall, but I sure wish Italian was more simple like the English language ( ) I always have to stop and think - Frittata or Fritatta and Focaccia or Foccacia..............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by cjs (Wow, another month d...)
That's funny, I do too! Still tossing around ideas for dinner, but am thinking about Black Bean and Corn Tostado from "Black Beans and Corn" I haven't made tortilla bowls lately and have those fun little forms that Daphne gave me for Christmas one year.

Will probably make some guacamole too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by Mare749 (That's funny, I do t...)
Oh thanks Maryann - now I want tha also....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by cjs (Oh thanks Maryann - ...)
Having some friends over for her birthday dinner. Grilling chicken with white bbq sauce, grilled salad, garlic bread and picking fresh blackberries for a cobbler for dessert
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by DFen911 (Having some friends ...)
I never did get to my linguine with clams the other day, so that's the plan. For sure.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by DFen911 (Having some friends ...)
Well, I went a little overboard today with food! Made the best loaf of bread of my entire life - Grilled Challah and also an acquaintance on facebook posted a different pesto recipe and since my basil is going crazy, decided to make it. It's the best pesto I've ever made.

Well, Photo buckets down, so can't post any pictures, but WOW. The pesto recipe is not well written (omitted a lot in the instructions) so I'll retype it and post it on Group recipe tomorrow.

I'm tired - and full!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by cjs (Well, I went a littl...)
I would like to hear more about that grilled Challah if you get a chance.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by Mare749 (I would like to hear...)
Tonight it's a new favorite, Cajun Rubbed Beef Filet, lobster with Remoulade and a side of asparagus. Dang, I've been eating a lot of beef lately.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by losblanos1 (Tonight it's a new f...)
Geez, you're killing me here. Can't afford the cost of Beef Fillet, lobster or asparagus.
Practice safe lunch. Use a condiment.
  Re: Re: Wednesday's Dinner, 7/31/13?? by Lorraine (Geez, you're killing...)
Me either, Lorraine, it's a special that breaks the bank....

PJ
PJ