Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner???
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today??

I have some quinoa leftover, so I think I'll stuff some peppers.

A note about next weekend - HOuseboat Don is coming (along with Hank & Lucy for a maiden visit.....) and he's stopping at Central market for some oysters and octopus. We were watching MasterChef or MasterCook (one of those) and they were working with sausages and mushrooms for the events and I swear Roy was drooling thru the whole episode. So, he called Don and asked him to pick up all kinds of mushrooms on his stop to Central mkt.

What a weekend it's going to be!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Can't wait to hear what new dishes you come up with. What a fun weekend you will have.

Dinner tonight will be taco salad. Haven't made it for a while and it's something we really like in the summer.

Also have a butternut squash but haven't decided what to do with it yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
That sounds like so much fun! I'd love to play with a ton of mushrooms. How fun to have Hank & Lucy for a visit!

I am bound and determined to make the Bratwurst Potato salad from issue 100. I think I'll have to make it before I go to work. We've also got some wonderful corn on the cob.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by Harborwitch (That sounds like so ...)
Linguine with clams tonight. I think.
  Re: Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by Trixxee (Linguine with clams ...)
Mmmmm... I could have mushrooms for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Come to think of it, I have! Wish I could have them every day.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by labradors (Mmmmm... I could ha...)
Well, now we had a great veggie dinner (just a tad of salami in the stuffed peppers) -

[Image: July22QuinoaStuffedBellPepper_zps45d07fd7.jpg]

And, that's smoked ketchup drizzled - I have never used as much ketchup as I have since I smoked this darn stuff. I'm putting it on everything.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by cjs (Well, now we had a g...)
Tonight it's Chipotle chicken burgers.
  Re: Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by cjs (Well, now we had a g...)
We are enjoying cocktails on the deck a tad too much these days! We wind up picking simple dinners that require little or no work on our part. I still have so many projects going I just haven't taken much time to plan ahead or do an early prep. Sad, I know!

That being said, we are doing hot dogs tonight!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by Gourmet_Mom (We are enjoying cock...)
Just enjoy yourselves for a change, Daphne!
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday, 7/22/13, Dinner??? by Gourmet_Mom (We are enjoying cock...)
Hell, Daphne, I keep a 5 pound case of Schonland's natural casing in my freezer-got to take a break every now and then, and who doesn't love a hot dog! Relax, you deserve it!

Grilled a prime grade sirloin tonight, with teriyaki sauce. He said it was good. I grilled a prime grade coullotte steak tonight for me, don't know if I'll play with it again.

Yes, I found a butcher with prime grade meats!

PJ

And those were what I could afford!
PJ