What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for today?

We're having (finally) alligator pizza subbing the gator for the shrimp in the Creole Pizza. And, I still have 4 hunks of gator (frozen) to work with later.

Also, wanted to mention a leftover idea that we really enjoyed last night. I try to always have a box of Organic Tomato & Roasted Red Pepper soup on hand - the one I like best is from Trader Joe's, but there's another brand, starts with a "P" that's not bad in lots of markets.

I had leftover Quinoa, B.B. & Corn filling from the tacos (it makes a heck of a lot) and added it to the soup last night. What a great flavor and texture. I had approx. 1 - 1 1/2 cups l/o filling added to the box of soup and it turned out nicely thickened up and really delicious.

Just an idea for a quickie dinner.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
I love your creole pizza! And, we haven't had it lately. Going on the menu very soon.

Today we will be grilling something, but haven't decided what just yet. More later.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by Mare749 (I love your creole p...)
Oh Maryann, this pizza is one of the top 10, that's for sure.
You need the Creole Pizza recipe for this if anyone is interested, it'll be on group recipes.

Alligator “CoonAss” Pizza – 7/21/13 (the title Bill thought we ought to use. )

Substitute alligator for the Shrimp and clams

I used 6 oz. of alligator for 10 oz. pizza dough

Toss alligator pieces with a.p. flour, corn meal and S&P. Deep fry at 350° for 3 minutes; drain on brown paper bag. Add to the pizza after adding the remaining cheese, then top with bell pepper rings and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.

[Image: July21coatedalligatorpces_zps757130af.jpg]

I've decided this is my favorite thickness of crust for pizza. Roy likes a little thinner.....but I'm the baker
[Image: July21Alligatorpizza-crust_zpsb2cb6201.jpg]

[Image: July21Alligatorpizza_zps3e248353.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by cjs (Oh Maryann, this piz...)
Making the French Onion Salisbury Steak on Cheese Toast. Potato/sweet potato sides with cole slaw.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by BarbaraS (Making the French On...)
Steak salad tonight.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by losblanos1 (Steak salad tonight....)
We're having Reuben sandwiches. After having house guests all weekend, I'm looking forward to a night off.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by karyn (We're having Reuben ...)
Jean, that looks awesome! It sounds like Barbara and Blane and I are on similar direction. I too had leftover steak. I'm going to slice it up and let it slowly warm in a French Onion Sauce I whipped up. It's pretty dang good, if I do say so myself. The slices of steak and onions will be piled on some toasted leftover buns and sauce for dipping. Drooling just thinking about it. Still have salad to use up.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Jean, that looks awe...)
Cooks night off - heading out to pick up a friend and we're going for mexican food.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by DFen911 (Cooks night off - he...)
We had grilled strip steak, truffled mushrooms, and grilled raddicio w/ balsamic vinegar.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/21/13?? by Old Bay (We had grilled strip...)
Bill, the truffled mushrooms may just trump my sauce...maybe! LOL! Remembering more cheese, and a drizzle of truffle oil, may have redeemed me.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.