C@H Library?
  Re: (...)
Now that I have my own laptop so I can buy this, I find I have a problem. My Mac Air did not come with a CD ROM. Suggestions other than the obvious of purchasing an external drive? It's a shame that once again, C@H is behind the times and does not provide an online download option.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: C@H Library? by Gourmet_Mom (Now that I have my o...)
Daphne, do you have access to a separate computer with a CD-ROM drive? If so, you could copy everything to a USB and then use the USB in the Mac Air (if it has USB, that is). Another thing you could do would be to connect the two computers to the same router (even via wireless), turn on sharing for the CD-ROM and then copy the files from the shared CD-ROM directly to the Mac Air over your network. I realise this is all pretty technical, but you can probably find SOMEone who'd be able to handle either of these ideas and get the job done, somehow. Good luck.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: C@H Library? by labradors (Daphne, do you have ...)
So if I load it on my school computer, I can use a USB to share the file? I think I can do this. I would be able to delete it from the school computer without compromising the program on my Mac, right? And I would have the CDs if it got screwed up.
Daphne
  Re: Re: C@H Library? by Gourmet_Mom (So if I load it on m...)
Sounds about right, but we'll probably need Alina for better details on the Mac side, just in case. Also, she has already done some things like this and DOES have the C@H CD.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: C@H Library? by labradors (Sounds about right, ...)
I'm sure she will be able to elaborate since she is an Apple person, too. Thanks, Labs!
Daphne
  Re: Re: C@H Library? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm sure she will be...)
Since you are not actually installing anything, the school should be ok with it.

To copy the files, put the cd in the cd rom drive, but do not let it run. Hopefully, it will give you an option to view files or explore and if so choose that, do not choose run. If it starts to run anyway, close it, but don't take the cd out. Got to Windows Explorer, not Internet explorer. On Windows 7, you can go to the file folder icon and click on it. You will see on the left Computer with all the drive letters, e.g., C etc. Scroll till you see the cd rom, probably D, E or F. right click on it and choose Explore to view the contents of the cd. Once you have the folder open, copy the contents of the folder to your USB port. The files itself are PDF files. There are 96 PDF's plus some html files. Copy it all. Then go to the Mac and plug in the USB. Create a folder and place the contents in that folder. I put the PDF with the index there as well. Then open what you use for your PDF's. If you don't have anything yet, you might looks at at this or I use Foxit on PC, and they have a mobile IOS one in the app. store. I think it costs $0.99. You can use in on your iPad. Once you've copied the files for you Mac, you can put them on your iPad via the library under books and use them on your iPad as well as the mac. Or you can store them in the Cloud via Documents. I'd put them on the Book Shelf, but that is up to you.

Once they are on your Mac, and open in the PDF reader, you should be able to copy and paste as you wish.

Hope this helps.
  Re: Re: C@H Library? by Cubangirl (Since you are not ac...)
Thanks, Alina! I may have questions when I go to do this, so be prepared. At this point I mostly wanted to know that it COULD be done. I have copied this so I will have it handy when the time comes! Thanks again!
Daphne