Tip about making sorbet
  Re: (...)
Saw this on Cooks Country last night. They were making raspberry sorbet. First of all, they strained it so that the seeds wouldn't be in the sorbet. I'll definately do this next time.

The second tip is to take 1 cup of your liquid and put it in the freezer. Put the rest of the mixture in the fridge. In a few hours when the mix in the freezer is all frozen, it will have ice crystals in it. When you mix that with the liquid in the fridge, then put it in your ice cream maker, it will freeze faster and somehow the crystals disappear and it all becomes smoother. I don't remember the science behind this, but it's suppose to work.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Tip about making sorbet by Mare749 (Saw this on Cooks Co...)
huh - interesting about chilling a portion of it.

I do strain the fruits that call for it for ice creams so guess I would also for the sorbets. Thanks Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Tip about making sorbet by cjs (huh - interesting ab...)
Great tip, Maryann!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: Tip about making sorbet by labradors (Great tip, Maryann!...)
Good tips! I have too many expenses right now....getting the Cobra fixed being the biggest. But soon I will be getting a new freezer. The old one almost didn't finish last time I used it. I don't want to risk wasting ingredients again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.