T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for all today??

We're having leftovers from the mishmash tortellini dish from yesterday - and cantaloupe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Trying to emulate my whole family being in Hawaii for my brother's wedding by making grilled mahi mahi tacos......if you can't actually be on Maui, you might as well pretend.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by Trixxee (Trying to emulate my...)
and, raise your glasses to the west, huh??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by cjs (and, raise your glas...)
Of course! Actually, the wedding itself was yesterday and I'm anxiously awaiting for my mom to wake up and post some pictures. I will re-post a few on FB! My brother went through a pretty bad personal crisis two years ago (including a divorce) and if it wasn't for his new wife standing by his side throughout it, I don't know what would have happened. Some may say she contributed to the divorce, we see it as she saved his life. She is his soulmate, as much as I like my ex-sister-in-law. OK, too much information for a Friday morning!
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by Trixxee (Of course! Actually,...)
Family's can certainly get complicated, can't they? Everything aside, hope all are happier now.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by cjs (Family's can certain...)
Well said, Jean.

Baby Girl is coming home, so I'm having steak, baked potato, fresh sliced tomato, and watermelon! YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Well said, Jean.[br]...)
Quesadillas. Hubby wanted sammiches from Panera, but we had grilled cheese last night and he had a Panera earlier this week, so I opted for Quesadillas.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by BarbaraS (Quesadillas. Hubby ...)
Grilled rib-eyes with hickory smoke and that delicious steak sauce from issue 100, corn on the cob for a side.
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by BarbaraS (Quesadillas. Hubby ...)
Quote:

... we had grilled cheese last night ... so I opted for Quesadillas.

Quesadillas = Mexican grilled cheese sandwiches.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Re: T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/12/13?? by losblanos1 (Grilled rib-eyes wit...)
I have no idea yet. Some person decided to make sourdough English muffins today - 20+ muffins. I am still working on them . . . Something with some leftover Iraqi chicken - or a stir fry. I'm waiting for inspiration to smack me.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!