What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu fortoday?

I have 1/2 pkg. bay scallops that I may make some fritters with and maybe swt. tato fries.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Going Thai here today - chicken rama (a peanut/curry/coconut sauce for the chicken served over spinach). Jasmine rice on the side.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by Trixxee (Going Thai here toda...)
A new recipe for us; Steak au Poivre Salad with a lemon-pepper vinaigrette.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by losblanos1 (A new recipe for us;...)
Son#1 and I tried out the new Kume Japanese Steakhouse here in town, and of course, being the Mom, I picked up the check. Sushi, hibachi, etc. $75 later we decided maybe we'd go there for sushi, but the other sushi place in town (yes, a tiny town like Epping has 2 sushi places now) still wins out.

You don't know until you try!

PJ
PJ
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by pjcooks (Son#1 and I tried ou...)
Wow, PJ, that's a hefty bill for two.

William is a trial sometimes. Yesterday I commented on how nice it was to have a nice cold meal prepared earlier in the day in the fridge ready when we were. In asking for ideas for tonight, he asked for the Pasta Cobb Salad again! I don't think the man will EVER get tired of this one! Although, it IS a nice showcase for our lovely tomatoes coming off now.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (Wow, PJ, that's a he...)
My kiddos love sushi, but I really haven't enjoyed it since I worked in San Francisco over 25 years ago...although I'm sure it's much better than what I had available in Raleigh, NC at that time. It sure can make for an expensive dinner!

It rained again all day today...very Seattle-type rain...not heavy, but spit on us all day long. I really miss a traditional Hotlanta summer right now.

I'm planning on grilling this weekend, but tonight was a very forgettable pasta dish.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by karyn (My kiddos love sushi...)
Our sushi bill is always over $100. How embarrassing!

Blane - let us know how that is. Sounds good already.
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by Trixxee (Our sushi bill is al...)
Guess I should be embarrassed too, Trixxee. Doesn't take long to run up a big bill in those places.

Today was the first day of sunshine and no rain in 16 days. It felt like I was stepping out of a cave. Anyway, we decided to go out for Chinese food tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Dinner, Thursday, 7/11/13?? by Mare749 (Guess I should be em...)
Well, I guess I'd better not complain about not hot enough weather up here - no rain!!!!

It is amazing how a sushi bill can sky rocket!! But, oh so good!!

I ended up making the damndest concoction to put over tortellini (dried, pkg'd stuff) 3 ~2/3 cup containers - 1-marinara sauce, 1-creole sauce & 1-jus from a spicy pork dish. But, it was quite tasty!! Easy dinner and got lots of work done.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com