What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13??
  Re: (...)
What's on the menu for everyone today?

I'm not sure yet - have lots in the fridge to work with.

Would like to repeat yesterdays.....
[Image: July6LobsterShrimpRoll_zpsef6e564d.jpg]

Lobster (only shrimp) Rolls - boy, were they good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by cjs (What's on the menu f...)
Your pic is making me hungry. I just had my first lobster roll in Boston recently and yes, I'm hooked. Yum.

Our girls were both gone for the 4th, so we are having our family celebration today. I will be brining 8 lbs. of chicken to go on the grill. We are loving the indirect cooking method with some wood chips for a light smoke.

Also trying a new recipe for grilled bacon ranch potatoes cooked in foil. Last night I made a chocolate eclair cake. The last two I've made have disappeared in minutes.

Our oldest grandbaby, Katie, (10) is making her now famous "Katie's Summer Salad" to go with.

Here is the potato recipe for anyone who is interested. I think is was a FB post from Reynolds kitchens.

Bacon Ranch Foil Packet Potatoes

3 sheets of heavy-duty foil
10-12 baby red potatoes, thinly sliced
6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon
1 packet ranch dressing mix
Salt and pepper to taste
3 tablespoons butter
Sour cream for serving, if desired

1. Spray each sheet of foil with cooking spray. Top each piece with equal portions of potatoes, bacon, and ranch dressing mix. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to each serving. Wrap securely.

2. Grill for 20 to 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serve in foil, topped with sour cream if desired.

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by Mare749 (Your pic is making m...)
Have a fun day with the girls etal, Maryann!! The potatoes sound good. Will copy for an 'on the road' side. thanks.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by cjs (Have a fun day with ...)
Those potatoes sound good Maryann!

Jean is providing dinner tonight. I'm going to mix up a batch of Norristown "Zep" bread. Maybe we'll make tomato sandwiches with it . . . . a nice salad. I have greens to pick.

Revision in plans - bacon & tomato sandwiches with some artichoke pesto. My mind is reeling with possibilities.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by Harborwitch (Those potatoes sound...)
Leftovers for us. Tomorrow is a travel day so need to clean out the fridge a bit. We're off to Garryowen MT
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by DFen911 (Leftovers for us. To...)
We're having pizza and spinach salad....going vegetarian!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by Gourmet_Mom (We're having pizza a...)
I've never had a lobster roll, that looks delicious Jean.

Have a terrific day Maryann.

With all the talk of Buffalo wings & Buffalo pizza, I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Tonight from issue #97, it's Buffalo chicken sliders and a side of fries.
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by losblanos1 (I've never had a lob...)
Thanks Blane. Speaking of all things buffalo...how did everyone like those buffalo hot dogs?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by Mare749 (Thanks Blane. Speaki...)
Well, you know I loved them!! (WE!)
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: What's for Sunday Dinner, 7/7/13?? by Mare749 (Thanks Blane. Speaki...)
Blane, you really need to try a lobster roll - especially if you can get one in Maine or Massachusetts. They're very simple, but super delicious.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?