Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13???
  Re: (...)
How the heck did it get to the last 2 weeks of May already??????? What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing chicken wings and a cold noodle salad and more watermelon!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by cjs (How the heck did it ...)
Making one of Tony's favorites - asian chicken and water chestnut patties. Broccoli slaw and steamed rice as sides.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by Trixxee (Making one of Tony's...)
I'm not sure. We will be having a pretty big lunch after William's "procedure". So I figure it will be something light and easy.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by Gourmet_Mom (I'm not sure. We wi...)
Good Luck, Williiam!!!!

I forgot a word - I'm making Buffalo Wings...........
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by cjs (Good Luck, Williiam!...)
No I'm not after all - chicken not thawed out. So, made 4 little casseroles of Grits and Sausage with cheddar cheese. I was nibbling so much on the grits (haven't made them forever) I hardly had enough left for casseroles.

This is what I'm doing right now - Pork shoulders smoking per Jamison's Smoke & Spice recipe "The renowned Mr. Brown"

[Image: May20Porkreadytosmoke2_zpsad28eca7.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by cjs (No I'm not after all...)
Jean, could you post that rub recipe when you get a chance? I usually use one from Steve Raichlen, but like to mix it up sometimes.

Dinner tonight...have some salmon marinating in teriyaki that will go on the grill, curry rice, and sugar snap peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by Mare749 (Jean, could you post...)
Left overs, eating everything in the fridge. We take off on Thursday for my folks (not posting this on FB) and will be back the following Tuesday.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by DFen911 (Left overs, eating e...)
Fish tacos. I have an avocado that needs to be used and also some tomatoes. And my cilantro is finally big enough to start picking from!

And thinking about it, I may grill the tilapia instead of pan-frying. Where it was 56 last week at this time, it's 91 now. A little too quick for me...
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by foodfiend (Fish tacos. I have ...)
Grilled rib-eyes with butter sauce and asparagus.
  Re: Re: Monday's Dinner, 5/20/13??? by losblanos1 (Grilled rib-eyes wit...)
We cleaned out the fridge, too. I am sooo ready for my summer break!!!