Chicken Brine Recipe
  Re: (...)
Can anyone give me your easiest chicken brine recipe (I will be brining large bone in chicken breasts). I was watching The Chew today and Simon and Mario had a contest to see whose chicken was liked better and the winner was Mario and his brining. I know the chicken is on sale for 99 cents/lb and want to take advantage of it.

Thank you!!
  Re: Chicken Brine Recipe by Trixxee (Can anyone give me y...)
I think this is the recipe I got from Jean. A cup of sugar a cup of salt a gallon of water
Cis
Empress for Life
  Re: Re: Chicken Brine Recipe by farnfam (I think this is the ...)
Coke brined chicken! And then grill it

4 1/2 cups Coca-Cola
1/2 cup kosher salt

Now you can also amp it up with a few sprigs of thyme and a couple cloves of garlic. But as it is, it is wonderful I use the big 2 liter bottles on sale. Just don't use diet, defeats the purpose of the sugars needed
  Re: Re: Chicken Brine Recipe by DFen911 (Coke brined chicken!...)
Mine is a little different than Cis mentioned -
for every qt. of water, dissolve 1/4 cup kosher salt, 2 T. granulated sugar and 2 T. brown sugar.

To this you can also do as Denise mentioned - add any herbs seasonings you want, but I find I'd rather add the flavoring later in the dish I'm using the chicken/pork in.

Brining is the gratest solution for the way chicken breasts can be dry and tough (pork also) lately. I brine for 3 to 5 hours and then be sure to rinse very well and continue with recipe.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Chicken Brine Recipe by cjs (Mine is a little dif...)
Thanks all!
  Re: Re: Chicken Brine Recipe by Trixxee (Thanks all!...)
My vote is for the coke brined chicken. It's awesome!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Chicken Brine Recipe by Gourmet_Mom (My vote is for the c...)
In case you had not seen this courtesy of CI:
We partially thawed frozen chicken parts in fresh water, then completed the last half hour of thawing in the brine solution called for in the pan-roasted chicken recipe we were following. When cooked, the chicken was as well-seasoned and juicy as chicken that had been fully defrosted before brining. Further testing showed that the same method can be used for any recipe that calls for brining small- to medium-sized pieces of meat. Simply cut the defrosting time by the amount of brining time the recipe calls for. For example, if your pork chops need to thaw for an hour and your recipe calls for a 45-minute brine, thaw the chops in fresh water for 15 minutes, then brine for 45 minutes.
and from CC:
We brine chicken breasts both to season them and to help keep them moist during cooking. While considering your question, we began to ponder which is better: brine first, then freeze, or freeze first, then brine? To see, we brined, froze for two weeks, defrosted, and then cooked several boneless chicken breasts. We compared them with breasts we froze plain for the same two weeks, defrosted, and then brined and cooked. We pitted both of these frozen versions against chicken breasts that we freshly brined and cooked.

The result? There were slight textural differences, but all three were moist and juicy, and we’d happily use any in our cooking.

THE BOTTOM LINE Go for it—brine and freeze. Or freeze, then brine.

I have a CI chart that indicates brining times and quantities for different proteins if anyone would like it. All say to rinse and dry well before cooking unless otherwise specifically indicated.